is this true "100% Natural Talalay does not exist"????
Apr 25, 2011 12:36 AM
http://www.myessentia.com/research/latex-vs-memory-foam

Reading the essentia website and came across this. there is more info on the link above, but here is the part that concerned me

1) Talalay Process
The Talalay process of making latex results in a softer feeling foam. Synthetics are always added to achieve this. 100% Natural Talalay does not exist and most Talalay on today’s market is heavily blended, if not 100% synthetic

this is not the first time I've read something about "natural latex" not being all that natural...but people who think they're buying 100% Natural Talalay are paying a premium price for what they think is a natural based product made w/no chemicals...Flobeds and SleepEz (and probably others) claim they sell "100% natural talalay"...what can we believe?

Any comments or insights from the more knowledgeable folks on here? (preferably people not working for or affliated in any way with latex mattress sales...)

thanks!

Re: is this true "100% Natural Talalay does not exist"????
Reply #26 May 13, 2011 9:18 AM
This is an interesting thread. We recently purchased a memory foam mattress and HATE it. They may be good for some people but I think most might not like the way memory foam sleeps. Felt like everytime you rolled over, you rolled up a hill and very hot. Tempurpedic does such aggressive marketing, I'm not sure people really like what they end up with or understand the trade offs.

We shopped around and found a Verlo mattress that had a huge talalay latex foam section on top. The mattress, a Verlo grandeur elite, is an innerspring mattress, double sided with 3 inches on top and 3 inches on bottom. MUCH better sleeping mattress. Much cooler and we really liked that Verlo can adjust the mattress making it harder or softer over time. All in all, I'd look for a mattress like this one rather than a pure foam mattress of either type of foam. 

Also like that the latex foam seems to sleep cooler than the memory foam bed. We moved the memory foam bed to a guest room.

Recent Posts