natura vs. st. dormeir wool filled mattress pad? A Poll!
Oct 6, 2010 1:43 PM
Hi Folks,

Back to experimenting with surgery mattress... tried my "stack" with and without even a relatively thin 10 year old basic cotton skirted pad (JC Penney)... no more than 3/16 inch thick... and the difference was huge.  Much better without the pad.. which stiffened up and firmed up my top layers of 4 lb mem foam and 19 lb latex so that the comfort supplied by them without the pad was.... almost unnoticeable!  So soft and flexible pad is very important, as many here have commented.

So here is the question:  which of these do you have. like, and recommend.. or would you choose?

1.  Walmart (Sandman's)   Out of stock but $169 delivered?

2.   St. Dormeir    $169 free shipping at cuddledown.com   - Nonreturnable

3.   Natura washable  $169 at Bed & Bath order online only.... + 8% sales tax + $15 shipping o= $198 maybe less 20% coupon... but returnable?

I am inclined to go with returnable Natura, though folks here rave about St. Dormeir. 

Thoughts, anyone?

thanks!  shovel99

This message was modified Oct 6, 2010 by shovel99
Re: natura vs. st. dormeir wool filled mattress pad? A Poll!
Reply #12 Oct 20, 2010 1:54 AM
requin wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere in the US that has these in stock?

Many Duxiana stores stock them.  I just picked one up today at a Duxiana store in my area.  They are 'private labeled' by Duxiana, but the packaging states that its the Dormeir, and it is.  If you don't have a Dux store near you, I would imagine that they would ship it to you, and it would still be faster than any other route I was able to find.  Also, check with snuggledown.com, I believe their shipping estimate was approx 2 weeks.

I will admit, had it not been for the folks touting the pad on this site, I would have walked away from the Dormeir mattress pad.  It does not look like a quality item at first glance, IMO.  The lady pulled it out of its package because I wanted to see how thick/thin it was and I was like "eek!".  I just didn't expect it to look like it does, and its rather scratchy.

So I have it on my new (one week old) Sam's Club "American Sleep Organic" mattress, which is latex.  I could tell a difference immediately after putting it on.  I've been lounging in bed for about 5 hours now, and it helps with temperature regulation.

This message was modified Oct 21, 2010 by Angel
Reply #13 Oct 21, 2010 10:50 PM

I took the Dormeir off last night, I much prefer my mattress without it.  If anyone is interested in it (king size), send me a PM.  Thanks!

Reply #14 Oct 21, 2010 11:25 PM
I noticed this tonight for anyone who may be interested. It doesn't say so but I'm pretty sure it's the Natura ... exactly the same features, look, and even name ... and it's the least expensive I've seen anywhere.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11535460&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|90608|28683|492&N=4047337&Mo=28&pos=2&No=16&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=492&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC14142-Cat28683&topnav=

Phoenix

Reply #15 Oct 21, 2010 11:52 PM
Good catch Phoenix.  I noticed the other night when browsing that they are selling one of Natura's pillows, so I think you are right.
Reply #16 Oct 22, 2010 12:17 AM
Angel wrote:

I took the Dormeir off last night, I much prefer my mattress without it.  If anyone is interested in it (king size), send me a PM.  Thanks!

That is bad news frown since it can't be returned.  Why didn't you like it?  Kinda scared now since I ordered once last week! crying

Reply #17 Oct 22, 2010 12:21 AM
Phoenix wrote:

I noticed this tonight for anyone who may be interested. It doesn't say so but I'm pretty sure it's the Natura ... exactly the same features, look, and even name ... and it's the least expensive I've seen anywhere.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11535460&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|90608|28683|492&N=4047337&Mo=28&pos=2&No=16&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=492&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC14142-Cat28683&topnav=

Phoenix

I think that one has been discussed before here.  It looks like a Natura, but I think the only washable one they have does not have a waterproof barrier or the silver in the cotton.  So, maybe this is something they made just for Costco?   I worry about the breathability of anything waterproof.

Reply #18 Oct 22, 2010 12:31 AM
It has the breathable waterproof barrier and the ionic silver ... same as the Natura protect deluxe (same name) and the same layers of cotton, wool, and membrane... and they're both washable.

Course it could be different but it sure looks the same.

Phoenix

Sorry I meant protect deluxe and this is it at the natura site http://www.naturaworld.com/mattress-protector-deluxe

This message was modified Oct 22, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #20 Oct 22, 2010 12:37 AM
Phoenix wrote:

It has the breathable waterproof barrier and the ionic silver ... same as the Natura protect plus (same name) and the same layers of cotton, wool, and membrane... and they're both washable.

Course it could be different but it sure looks the same.

Phoenix

You could be right.  I have not seen that one before.  I think it may be new to their lineup. 

Reply #21 Oct 22, 2010 1:03 AM
It was actually one of the things that impressed me about them. I use colloidal silver often as an antibiotic or when I'm coming down with something, and it's always worked well for me ... just a little slower than antibiotics.

Phoenix

Recent Posts