What can I expect on new Stearns and Foster entry level Luxury Plush?
Jun 7, 2011 6:33 PM
I have a new Stearns and Foster set due to come in June 10th.  It's the entry level Luxury line Sears calls 'Hearthstone Luxury Plush' without pillowtop.

I plan to protect it right away with a Protect O Bed waterproof cover.  This mattress has the individual coils.

I've heard some posts here about foam breaking down in the center sleeping area.  Is this what to expect in a year or two?

Would it be better to get a Posturepedic with the 'power packed' foam in the middle 1/3 of the mattress?  Or memory foam in that area? Or skip anything with regular high density foam?

Opinions appreciated, thanks.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: What can I expect on new Stearns and Foster entry level Luxury Plush?
Reply #7 Jul 7, 2011 12:26 PM
I've been on this this S&F Hearthstone (the entry level traditional line) Plush for 3 weeks now.  It's a good bed no doubt.  There is some indentation that remains after getting off the bed.  I don't have any backaches or neck pain after a night.  But I can't say the bed is spectacular.  I've also tried falling asleep on my back with pillow under knees, but I don't fall asleep til rolling onto left shoulder.  So, I'm thinking, this is it? 

So, I went to Sleep Train where a saleslady introduced a Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe on an adjustable base.  That was an eye opener.  With feet elevated, seems I might be able to sleep on my back.  I can't do the Tempurpedic price now, so had to walk from that.

I suspect this S&F might not flex very well on an adjustable base.  S&F says a Plush model can be used on an adjustable, but not a firm.  I find that a little strange as it doesn't make sense.

I have one exchange opportunity with Sears, so I've got an iComfort Revolution mattresses on box spring coming 7/13.   Tonight I'm going to spend as long as possible on the store model.  I haven't detected any sinking in too much yet, but I'd rather detect something bad now than after the bed is delivered. 

This message was modified Jul 7, 2011 by slpngoc

Recent Posts