Vi Spring Coronet or Elite OR Something else ???
Oct 6, 2011 12:51 PM
In need of a king mattress. We are replaceing a 12 yr. old pillowtop that is like sleeping in a taco shell !! I looked at the Vi-Spring yesterday. The price is much higher

than I thought but I'd like to go no higher than 5,000. I am a side sleeper, 5'7" 120 and hubby is 6'3" and 220, side as well. I'm thinking of getting a medium because I couldn't

tell much difference in the medium and the firm. I'm afraid of getting the firm - might be too firm. Also is there anything else on the market (in Houston TX) that is decent and

will last for years?  I've been reading and it seems every other mattress manufacturer is just all about marketing and actually selling a hyped up product. Is there anything

that competes with Vi-Spring that I can find? Some of the brands I've seen mentioned are Greek to me - I've never seen them in the stores.  Back to the VI-Spring - is there much

difference between the Elite and the Coronet?

Re: Vi Spring Coronet or Elite OR Something else ???
Reply #3 Oct 6, 2011 6:53 PM
not at all interested in latex.

I'm just confused about the Vi Spring and wondering if that extra layer of horsehair and additional springs is worth 4 grand more (9,000) (for the Regal) and without the horsehair, the Coronet is around 5,000. And has anyone experienced the different levels of firm? I love a soft cushy bed but don't want to sacrifice support. I'd probably get a topper from Linen Source or BB&B to add an add'l level of cush. So if I did that, should I get a firm?

This message was modified Oct 6, 2011 by bebe
Reply #4 Oct 6, 2011 9:03 PM
Any particular reason you are avoiding latex?  It seems really redundant to buy an all natural bed and put on a topper that is also not 100% natural as well, just food for thought.  Horsehair is pretty expensive, whether its actually worth the extra 4 g's is hard to say.  It is very springy and resilient so I would assume it would hold up slightly better.  The higher spring counts will give you a more conforming mattress, the extra layer will provide more of a bottomless type of feeling.  
Reply #5 Oct 6, 2011 11:12 PM
If I needed extra "cush", I'd buy a topper or thick mattress pad. They are not the latex type, made much like a comforter. I just bought one for another bed and it's really

lofty, but I know it won't last forever. But hey, they are only 100-200, depending on size and thickness. I can't find much information from consumers about the Vi Spring.

Reply #6 Oct 7, 2011 2:19 PM
I have not made a comment for sometime.  I continue to frequent this forum, but I will  only comment when I feel I have something to contribute.  The Vi-Spring Elite and Coronet are their opening models.  They represent Vi-Spring at tremendous values.  They have the same handcraftmanship and lifetime warranty that the $34,000 models have.  They are intentionally under priced to introduce the difference a mattress of this quality can make to someones sleep and thus improve their overall health.  They are still available in dual firmnesses and there are 4 firmness levels.  They are all natural and 2 sided.  With the outertuffting and hand side stitching they will truly last a lifetime.  They will sleep cooler than virtually any other all natural mattress.  There is no horse hair in either model.  The Elite uses a total of 22 lbs. of British fleece wool/cotton blend in a queen size.  The Coronet has 17 lbs of British fleece woolcotton blend and also has 2.5 lbs of pure British fleece wool.  Also remember the divan( box spring ) has the nested pocketed coils with addition 8.1 lbs. of wool and cotton blended.  Yes I represent Vi-Spring as a dealer.  
This message was modified Oct 7, 2011 by jsmatt
Reply #7 Oct 7, 2011 3:57 PM
jsmatt wrote:

I have not made a comment for sometime.  I continue to frequent this forum, but I will  only comment when I feel I have something to contribute.  The Vi-Spring Elite and Coronet are their opening models.  They represent Vi-Spring at tremendous values.  They have the same handcraftmanship and lifetime warranty that the $34,000 models have.  They are intentionally under priced to introduce the difference a mattress of this quality can make to someones sleep and thus improve their overall health.  They are still available in dual firmnesses and there are 4 firmness levels.  They are all natural and 2 sided.  With the outertuffting and hand side stitching they will truly last a lifetime.  They will sleep cooler than virtually any other all natural mattress.  There is no horse hair in either model.  The Elite uses a total of 22 lbs. of British fleece wool/cotton blend in a queen size.  The Coronet has 17 lbs of British fleece woolcotton blend and also has 2.5 lbs of pure British fleece wool.  Also remember the divan( box spring ) has the nested pocketed coils with addition 8.1 lbs. of wool and cotton blended.  Yes I represent Vi-Spring as a dealer.  

Yes, but is it more comfortable than anything else and will it remain comfortable for a lifetime?  Being all natural and lasting a lifetime, won't necessarily make it comfortable for a lifetime will it?  Don't cotton and wool compress over time and won't the amount of compression depend on the force acting on them?  Therefore, doesn't that force create an impression in the mattress eventually?  Educate us more.

Reply #8 Oct 7, 2011 6:31 PM
Yes, but is it more comfortable than anything else and will it remain comfortable for a lifetime?  Being all natural and lasting a lifetime, won't necessarily make it comfortable for a lifetime will it?  Don't cotton and wool compress over time and won't the amount of compression depend on the force acting on them?  Therefore, doesn't that force create an impression in the mattress eventually?  Educate us more.

The pocketed and nested coils are made from vanadium steel, which is considered the strongest steel produced.  They are preloaded or precompressed within their incasement by 20%, which is more than any set these coils will take over time.  The wool/cotton is placed over the coils, the ticking is laid on top and then the mattress is compressed to almost half it's natural depth and the hand tufts are applied from top to bottom.  So the total mattress is precompressed by almost 1/2 it's natural depth.   The deepest impression that might occur is 1/2-1".  And remember the mattresses are 2 sided, if that bothers you, you flip it.  You are not required by the warranty, but you can for comfort.  The feel should stay the same throughout the life of the mattress.  If it was comfortable to the individual when the purchased it, then unless the person's comfort needs change, it should be comfortable throughout. 

Reply #9 Oct 7, 2011 6:38 PM
In need of a king mattress. We are replaceing a 12 yr. old pillowtop that is like sleeping in a taco shell !! I looked at the Vi-Spring yesterday. The price is much higher

than I thought but I'd like to go no higher than 5,000. I am a side sleeper, 5'7" 120 and hubby is 6'3" and 220, side as well. I'm thinking of getting a medium because I couldn't

tell much difference in the medium and the firm. I'm afraid of getting the firm - might be too firm. Also is there anything else on the market (in Houston TX) that is decent and

will last for years?  I've been reading and it seems every other mattress manufacturer is just all about marketing and actually selling a hyped up product. Is there anything

that competes with Vi-Spring that I can find? Some of the brands I've seen mentioned are Greek to me - I've never seen them in the stores.  Back to the VI-Spring - is there much

difference between the Elite and the Coronet?

Bebe,

I forgot to mention that the recommended firmness for you would be soft and your husband a firm.  If you wanted to go to a medium, that would not be unusual and probably fine.  As to the difference between the Elite and Coronet, the pure British fleece should give the Coronet a little plusher feel.  The British fleece has a natural spinginess that is more evident when it is not blended with cotton.

Reply #10 Oct 8, 2011 11:28 AM
Has anyone else noticed that you cannot reply to a thread here on an IPad? Anyway, I have posted about Vi Spring before. As I type this I am lying on my 3 month old Vi Spring Tiara Supreme. It is without question the finest bed I have ever slept in. I sold a Hastens Excelsior in favor of the Vi Spring. Before deciding on the Tiara, we spent weeks testing every bed in the showroom. I cannot speak about longevity, but all Vi Spring models just ooze quality. Truthfully you cannot go wrong with any of them. I once read a quote that they are all BMW's. Some just have more under the hood than others. I highly recommend not buying a King. Very hard to flip. We have the zip and link twin XL's which we love. Allowed my wife to get a firm and me a medium. Which is right for you is very subjective. I recommend Vi Spring very very highly, obviously.
Reply #11 Mar 21, 2013 4:09 PM
Hello. We are considering getting either an Elite or Coronet Vi Spring mattress, king size. I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has slept on either of these mattresses for any length of time that can share their experience with me? I would like to know how these mattresses actually hold up. Do they really not feel much different over time like they promise? I have been communicating with a competitor in England that  said they had a few customers that have complained that the Vi Spring entry level mattresses have indentations because they don't contain horse hair. Or is the Coronet or Elite truly going to last a lifetime? Or, are we going to be looking for another bed in 10-20 years?

Can anyone help us make up our minds about making this kind of investment? Thanks!

Recent Posts