Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Dec 30, 2009 10:22 PM
Has anyone tested the new Tempurpedic Cloud series yet?  It looks like a slightly softer version of the Deluxe series, which is the one we were originally favoring.  The reasons we're leaning towards a memory foam mattress are:

1.  Our last two pillow top mattresses have been busts, as I have a bad back and constantly wake up in pain.

2.  Because I wake up in pain, I am constantly tossing and turning, which in turn wakes my wife up.

3.  90 day trial period is a great way to hedge your investment

Re: Tempurpedic "Cloud" Mattress???
Reply #23 Feb 6, 2010 7:12 PM
budgy wrote:
If the Cloud doesn't work the Deluxe probably won't either. 

Despite the density the 7lb foam is actually faster responding and a better pressure relieving surface than the 5.3 lb stuff they use in the top of the Deluxe.  The density itself is not the only way Tempur changes their foam.  The way they cure it has a huge effect on the firmness level of it all.  It sounds wierd but in terms of how soft and forgiving the inital sleep surface is, the softest to firmest would be the 4lb foam >7lb foam> 5.3lb foam. 

We have NEVER had someone lay on the Deluxe and the Rhapsody and find the Deluxe softer, it is actually the firmest overall bed in the Tempur line. 

Wow, budgy... good to know, but now I'm more confused than ever. So if the Cloud Supreme ends up not working for my pressure points, do you think I should at least try the Rhapsody?

Very much appreciate your input as my next step was going to be trying Costco latex with a topper or the Ara or.... Simmons NxG, but I only want to leave the TP line as a last resort!
This message was modified Feb 6, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #24 Feb 7, 2010 3:05 AM
if they allow you to try  rhapsody I would go for it.  the Tempur HD material is supposed to be the very best pressure relieving surface they have and it will also be more supportive and durable than the cloud.  my parents actually just got themselves a rhapsody and they have both always had major issues with pressure points on many different beds, even another higher quality memory foam set, but it wasn't a Tempur. 
Reply #25 Feb 7, 2010 3:49 PM
budgy wrote:
if they allow you to try  rhapsody I would go for it.  the Tempur HD material is supposed to be the very best pressure relieving surface they have and it will also be more supportive and durable than the cloud.  my parents actually just got themselves a rhapsody and they have both always had major issues with pressure points on many different beds, even another higher quality memory foam set, but it wasn't a Tempur. 

budgy, Thank you so much! Please come back to this post after your parents have been using the Rhapsody for a while and let me know how they like it. I have until March to decide. Again thank you so much!
Reply #26 Feb 7, 2010 4:19 PM
ill definitely let you know if they have some kind of change of heart.  interestingly enough, they tried a queen that was about 60 days old and already broken in somewhat.  they tried it for 2 days before they took a brand new king for themselves.  they definitely find it firmer, but still much better than the other memory foam they had previously. 

I had a chance to try a Tempur Cloud recently while I was in the US.  It truly is a very soft mattress, but my concern is that realistically I don't see the 4lb foam being enough support for someone that weighed over 175 lbs.  I can't wait to bring them into my store because I believe it will sell like hot cakes to the masses, based solely on the comfort, but if someone is either a little bit heavier and/or really needs to have the best possible posture the heavier tempur materials will still out perform based on those criteria.  Even myself I am only about 170lbs, but I have shoulders that are about twice the circumference of my waist, so I found my torso actually sank down a little too much in the Cloud while I was on my side, on my back it was fantastic.
Reply #27 Feb 21, 2010 8:07 PM
We bought a Tempur Cloud Supreme about 4 weeks ago.  My wife and I both are very happy with the bed.  Both our bodies seem to "melt" into the bed when we are going to sleep.  It is incredible how comfortable this bed feels!  We did purchase the adjustable ergo bases.  My wife has her feet and head adjusted slightly inclined while I choose to sleep in the flat position.  So far, we have no complaints.  We replaced a top of the line Simmons Beauty Rest Pillowtop.  At this point, this is without a doubt the best bed we have ever slept in.
Reply #28 Feb 22, 2010 8:54 AM
budgy wrote:
If the Cloud doesn't work the Deluxe probably won't either. 

Despite the density the 7lb foam is actually faster responding and a better pressure relieving surface than the 5.3 lb stuff they use in the top of the Deluxe.  The density itself is not the only way Tempur changes their foam.  The way they cure it has a huge effect on the firmness level of it all.  It sounds wierd but in terms of how soft and forgiving the inital sleep surface is, the softest to firmest would be the 4lb foam >7lb foam> 5.3lb foam. 

We have NEVER had someone lay on the Deluxe and the Rhapsody and find the Deluxe softer, it is actually the firmest overall bed in the Tempur line. 

Really? B/C that's what I thought when I tried out the Tempurpedics, I definitely felt the Deluxe was softer than the Rhapsody.  That HD layer in the Rhapsody really made it feel firmer.  And I tried both models in several different stores over a period of a few months, it wasn't just one floor model of each I tried. . .
Reply #29 Feb 22, 2010 11:15 AM
mcbradley1 wrote:
We bought a Tempur Cloud Supreme about 4 weeks ago.  My wife and I both are very happy with the bed.  Both our bodies seem to "melt" into the bed when we are going to sleep.  It is incredible how comfortable this bed feels!  We did purchase the adjustable ergo bases.  My wife has her feet and head adjusted slightly inclined while I choose to sleep in the flat position.  So far, we have no complaints.  We replaced a top of the line Simmons Beauty Rest Pillowtop.  At this point, this is without a doubt the best bed we have ever slept in.

the ergo bases would probably solve every back problem on here, regardless of the mattress itself, it is just affording it...glad to hear you were able to afford it and are happy

i may have to consider it soon myself
Reply #30 Feb 22, 2010 12:04 PM
KimberlyH wrote:
Really? B/C that's what I thought when I tried out the Tempurpedics, I definitely felt the Deluxe was softer than the Rhapsody.  That HD layer in the Rhapsody really made it feel firmer.  And I tried both models in several different stores over a period of a few months, it wasn't just one floor model of each I tried. . .

it sounds like a small chance but perhaps every DeluxeBed you tried was a dilapidated older floor model.  OR the Canadian version is different somehow, but the specs are the same.  We have had some people claim they don't feel much difference at all but I have never had someone say the Deluxe felt softer in our store but we refresh our floor samples often.
Reply #31 Feb 22, 2010 5:03 PM
Ok its been a few weeks since my last update.  I have found that I have gotten used to the bed and sleep very good on it now, but my opinion doesen't mean much as I can sleep anywhere.  My wife is the one with the back and hip problems.  Via my wife, she has seen a huge decrease in wake up pain, it something that will never go away for her, but this mattress makes it bearable for her.  She has had in the last few days more wake up pain than previously, but she seems to attribute that to sleeping on her back, which as stated before is a no-no.  The bed seems to be breaking in and to me it feels like I'm getting to a bottom or maybe its the firmier portion of the mattress.  I weigh 180lbs and my wife 145lbs.  I'll come back in a week or two and give another progress report.  At this point we both are liking the bed, we still have 1.75 months to go on our trial.
Reply #32 Feb 22, 2010 7:00 PM
Thanks for the update Steve. I'm looking forward to your next update. I hope it continues to ease your wife's pain.

Recent Posts