Serta iComfort Genius memory foam or Posturepedic ind. coils with 1" memory foam?
Jul 24, 2011 11:08 PM
Since I'm sinking too much into the iComfort Revolution which is plush, I need to set up a refund soon.  One replacement is to get the next firmer icomfort Genius model which feels pretty good in the store.  But are these all foam mattresses all they're cracked up to be?

Another choice would be one of the new Posturepedics with individual coils, 'power packed' hips area with memory foam and also 1" memory layer.  but also about 2 1/2" of regular poly foam.  This bed in a plush feels good in the store, but I wonder if the regular foam will just pack down in a week. 

Another choice would be a Tempurpedic Cloud (not supreme or luxe).  But something about Tempurpedic makes me not believe their hype.  They seem overmarketed.  I also don't like their claims about the 'secret' Tempur material and how it is so superior to 'ordinary' memory foam.  Did they really spend 10 years with scientists and engineers developing the Tempur material?  It sounds a little ridiculous.

Re: Serta iComfort Genius memory foam or Posturepedic ind. coils with 1" memory foam?
Reply #2 Jul 25, 2011 12:43 PM
I didn't want to believe the Tempur hype either...until I spent the past few weekends mattress shopping & trying out a million memoory foam & latex beds. Not one has compared to Tempur. They have all either been not true MEMORY foam or felt like crap to me. Take the Dormia for example. the motion transfer on their so-called memory foam mattresses was worse than my 7 year old Sealy spring mattress!

I will say that I do feel motion transfer on the Tempurs, but it is slight. So I want to know how they can say you don't feel anything...

Recent Posts