Serta Icomfort request for advice
Apr 10, 2011 8:51 PM
Greeting mattress experts and lurkers,

I am a once-a-decade mattress buyer in need of assistance.  Can anyone provide input for the Serta Icomfort foam mattress line?  Specifically, I'm interested in the Revolution model king size.  My initial search led me towards the Tempurpdic Rhapsody.  However, many reviews suggest Tempurpedic's sleep "hotter" than spring or other foam mattresses.  My wife is furnace so I dare not bring a mattress home which amplifies that issue.  So, my next focus was the Simmons ComforPedic.  My wife laid on every model and said they were "too springy" compared to the Tempurpedic and the iComfort.  So we are down to one option right now, the iComfort.  What I'm asking for help with is advice and comparison.  The iComfort line of Serta is very, very new and this is possibly why there is no data or opinions on the internet.  My heart is not set on the Revolution for $2,000 and I am genuinely interested in hearing advice and comments even if that information leads away from iComfort completely. 

Thoughts?

Much appreciated,
Bronson

Re: Serta Icomfort request for advice
Reply #275 Jun 18, 2013 3:42 PM
BigRon wrote:

Icomfort foam is manfuctured by Sleep Innovations. You can buy the same thing at Costco for half price under the name NovaForm. It's not a bad product for the price Costco is charging, but Serta put a different cover on it and is charging double.                                                                       I won't sit here and bash the product, just read reviews on NovaForm for peoples opinion. Hope this helps!

The Icomfort is a totally different mattress than the "Serta Sleep Innovations Memory Foam" mattress.  The Icomfort has "cool action INFUSED memory foam" where as the "Serta Sleep Innovations..." has a layer of cooling gel on top.  However, Sleep Innovations has attempted to duplicate the Icomfort with "infused" memory foam, but the reviews I have seen say they didn't succeed!

Reply #276 Jun 18, 2013 3:45 PM
Sleepright wrote:

The bed is just very hard, like sleeping on the floor.  There is a faint smell, but I can live with that aspect.  I suspect the smell will fade away as is the case with many new products that one buys now-a-days.  I really don't want to be so harsh on my review after just one night, but I didn't think I was buying a new car with a break-in period.   A bed should be comfortable on the first night, in my eyes.  Temperature of the mattress is irrelevant.  We are in the south, bed was delivered when it was 70F outside.  I normally am a 'purchase after heavy research' type of person, but with iComfort, seemed like a rather safe bet - it is just a mattress after all, right?  Straight up new foam bed with a slight twist (gel)?  I wished I would have forked out the extra cash for a Tempur-Pedic - at least the approval ratings are in the 80% plus percentage range over many years, per most websites.  I can live with those odds.  Also, what is like contributing to our issue is the insight is just 8" thick and the firmest of all iComforts, to my understanding of the iComfort line.

The Insight is the thinnest of all the Icomforts and called "firmest".  I would assume that is why it is hard.  If you were wanting a "softer" mattress, the sales associate should have reccommended the Savant (Revolution) or Prodigy--ranging from 12"-13" for a MUCH softer feel.

Reply #277 Aug 13, 2013 12:18 PM
I do not think gel infused foams work. It's like wearing a thick lambswool sweater, and asking it to keep you cool. Makes no sense.

It's memory foam and it will always get hot at night (unless your room is freezing cold).The gel infusion, may stay cooler a minute longer than 100% memory foam without gel, but as your body generates heat, the foam will saturate, so will the gel particles.

end of story.

Recent Posts