Return of latex layers - how to vaccum pack it?
Jun 29, 2010 1:44 PM
How do you vaccum pack the latex layers and resend it back to say sleepez or flobeds?

what appliance do you need to vaccum pack? I have never done this so I am enquiring.

Thanks.

This message was modified Jun 29, 2010 by roy1
Re: Return of latex layers - how to vaccum pack it?
Reply #5 Jul 14, 2010 4:09 PM
confusedbedbuyer wrote:

IMO based on my personal experience with this issue, the most important 'appliance' you need to vacuum pack latex is a natural talent for being able to keep air 100% out of non-airtight bags. 

Unfortunately, IMO that talent is either something you have or you don't have, and if you don't have it, you are up the creek without a paddle when you need to get this done. 

Yes I thought so too. It sounded to easy to be true!

Oh man, life is so unfair, God gives talent to some only and some people are lucky to be born rich while others are born in poor families. Life is not fair.

Reply #6 Jul 14, 2010 6:11 PM
roy1 wrote:

It sounded to easy to be true!  Oh man, life is so unfair

Yet ANOTHER roy1 reposted topic!

"Does a former Drill Sergeant make a terrible therapist?"

This message was modified Jul 15, 2010 by sager66
Reply #7 Jul 14, 2010 11:48 PM
I had no problems returning the FloBed latex layers since I had a friend that helped me. To me, it is easy when there is two people and you follow the instructions.  The first latex layer was confusing but then we did it and the others were very easy to vaccum pack them.
Reply #8 Jul 15, 2010 12:47 AM
I don't understand the problem here.  I did it by myself without any hassle or problem, and it takes all of 5 minutes to pack a layer.  How hard is it to hold the bag around the vacuum cleaner nozzle with one hand and flip the switch with the other?

I think you're making a mountain out of a very simple process, Roy.

Reply #9 Jul 15, 2010 1:07 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

How hard is it to hold the bag around the vacuum cleaner nozzle with one hand and flip the switch with the other?

That's not hard.

The hard part is trying to prevent new air from flowing into the bag/latex and hence making it expand again, after the vacuum is removed from the bag.

Right now I'm stuck on day 2 of that problem after already having wasted 4-5 hours on it on day 1.

How is it not hard to try to prevent air from re-flowing into a non-airtight bag?

I could sure use any advice that will get this done. When I called FloBeds all they said was 'follow the instructions,' which is what I already had been doing.  The instructions do not even bother to mention this problem, much less how to overcome it.

This message was modified Jul 15, 2010 by confusedbedbuyer
Reply #10 Jul 15, 2010 2:49 PM
Hubby and I have compressed layers per instructions without any problems. Could there be a small hole in the bag you're not seeing? I've had this problem before with those "Space Bags". I had to put my ear to the bag and listen to see where the air was leaking back in. When I finally found it I placed duct tape over the tiny puncture.
This message was modified Jul 15, 2010 by Natalia

Recent Posts