Returns to latex bed sellers _ how difficult is it
May 31, 2010 5:21 PM
Okay, I apologize for this many posts but I am very anxiuos to ask. So pardon me please.

If you want to return the latex bed layers and even the foundation too - how do you package them and how does the shipper take them back?

I mean it would be hard to roll those latex layers and package them back and

the foundation woul dalso be exteremely hard to package and taking all this to the shipper would require a truck would it not?

Thanks for everything.

Re: Returns to latex bed sellers _ how difficult is it
Reply #4 Jun 2, 2010 1:19 AM
Here is a link to FloBeds instructions (with pictures) on sending layers back. LINK

Hubby and I had no problems at all. You can even call UPS and for a small fee they'll pick up the boxes at your home.

Reply #5 Jun 2, 2010 11:01 AM
I have returned two latex layers to Flobeds:  once when they accidentally sent the wrong size topper, and once for a layer exchange.

The process was very easy, and contrary to what one person said here, it can be easily managed by one person.  With Flobeds, each layer of latex comes individually packaged in two large plastic bags, and inner bag and an outer bag.

To package a layer to return it, you:

1.  Fold the latex layer into thirds, like you would fold a sheet of paper.

2.  Place the latex layer into a very large plastic bag.

3.  Insert the TIP of a vacuum nozzle into the bag, wrap the plastic around the vacuum hose, and turn it on, letting the vacuum suck all of the air out of the plastic bag and out from the latex.  The latex compresses very rapidly. 

4.  Carefully holding the bag, withdraw the vacuum nozzle, then tape the bag shut.  All of the air will be extracted and the bag and latex inside will be shrunken.

5.  Place this bag into the second bag, and tape it shut.

6.  Put the bag of compressed latex in a box, seal it and mail it.

All of this sounds a lot more complicated than it is, it takes about 5 minutes and is very easy to do.  A layer of latex in a box will weigh around 20 pounds, not light but not too heavy to lift and carry.  I would not let the prospect of exchanging layers deter you.

Reply #6 Jun 2, 2010 12:54 PM
Also, I would not buy a foundation from an internet company.  I would just buy a firm foundation from your local mattress shop.  I talked to Sean at Sleepez about this and he agreed that it didn't really make sense to buy the foundation on the internet.
Reply #7 Jun 2, 2010 1:09 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

Also, I would not buy a foundation from an internet company.  I would just buy a firm foundation from your local mattress shop.  I talked to Sean at Sleepez about this and he agreed that it didn't really make sense to buy the foundation on the internet.

I wish I'd seen this or asked more about it prior to buying mine. Not that there is anything really wrong with the foundation I bought from SleepEZ, it seems well made and sturdy. It's just that I have noticed the screws/nuts have loosened over the last couple weeks. It could be that on a firmer surface this would not happen so much.  And also, it takes two people to move the thing when it's together, as it flexes too much to lift from one end.

Recent Posts