Non-Toxic Mattress for Child
May 27, 2012 4:16 PM
I am looking for a non-toxic mattress for my daughter's new non-toxic big-girl bed from a Maine company.

I realize that it's going to cost some money, but I am hoping it'll last a long time, and that it's worth the investment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Non-Toxic Mattress for Child
Reply #2 Jun 8, 2012 6:54 AM
I splurged on a non-toxic, organic latex mattress for my 5yo. It was around $700, but he's super comfortable and I'm not worried about allergies or off-gassing anymore, so it's worth the investment. I purchased it through Organic Grace and it's made by Pure Rest, which makes their latex in-house.

I also looked at more reasonably priced organic cotton mattresses, but choose not to go with cotton due to dust mite allergies. Those sites were:

The two brands might be lower-priced on Amazon - I've seen some sold on there.

Reply #3 Jun 9, 2012 4:59 PM
A canadian company called Essentia makes a baby mattress called the "La La". It's all natural, organic, and %100 non-toxic. It's also AMAZINGLY comfortable, made of all natural memory foam and latex. I looked into it, and this seems to be the only "real" natural memory foam on the market. Hope this helps.
Reply #4 Jun 9, 2012 6:45 PM
I would not argue with the Essentia product being comfortable, but there is a significant amount of controversy surround all of their natural yet alone organic credentials.
Reply #5 Jul 4, 2012 3:09 PM
search for the organic bedroom in NC and call them very helpful good number of selections and priced very well. Can ship anywhere for free

Recent Posts