News SleepEZ 7000 question
Nov 22, 2010 11:59 PM
We just got our SleepEZ 7000 natural firm-medium mattress in full size.  I noticed when I was setting up the bed that there was a LOT of latex dust.  Some small pieces also came off of the edge of the mattress.  Is this normal?  I am a little concerned as I may have breathed some of this in.  I always read that they washed these things a tone of times befoe they leave the factory.  The full size also looks like it was glued together.  Is this normal?  I am wondering if SleepEZ cut out mattress in their store and that is why there is latex dust.  I vacuumed up with a HEPA vacuum, but still a little concerned.

A little disappointing for me as I had researched this to death.  This bed is for one of my boys with Asthma.  I am worried that the latex dust may irritate his allergies.

Here are some pictures:

Has anyone else noticed this when setting up your latex mattress?  Cause for concern?  There is a color difference between the two pieces of latex that are glued together.  wondering if this is all natural latex like I ordered if some blend was included?

Take a look at my shirt.  All of the little white specks are pieces of latex.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Matt

This message was modified Nov 23, 2010 by moon1234
Re: News SleepEZ 7000 question
Reply #3 Dec 9, 2010 4:56 PM
LI has two different mold sizes depending on where they come from. The fabrication facility that supplies the west produces twin XL molds. The facility that supplies the east produces queen molds. Anything bigger than the mold has to of course be glued. The western facility is also the one where most of the 5.6" blended cores come from (as opposed to 6" blended cores).

While it doesn't talk specifically about the mold sizes here, this is a really interesting article about how LI rebuilt after the fire and a bit about the fire and their automation and production processes itself. I have to say I admire what they did afterwards and it's hard to imagine how they must have felt given that they thought the fire was out.

http://www.automationworld.com/feature-773

Phoenix

This message was modified Dec 9, 2010 by Phoenix

Recent Posts