New SleepEZ Bed - need some help configuring layers
Mar 1, 2009 9:02 PM
Hi all - I've been browsing this forum for the past two months in search of a new mattress.  Ours was sagging and causing my husband back pain.  After reading so many great reviews on latex, and being so frustrated with the innerspring mattresses, my husband and I decided to try out the latex.  We initially ordered a 3 inch soft topper from Sleep EZ and we LOVED it!  Oh my gosh it was wonderful!  Based on that experience, we went ahead and ordered the full mattress.  We have three layers of talalay blended,  s/m/f, the medium and firm layers are split layers (the soft is all one piece).  We got the full kit Friday and have slept on it two nights.  My first thought was that the whole mattress together was too firm - it didn't give the same way the latex topper did.  When we slept on it the first night, it felt like it was pressing into my shoulder and hips - just altogether a bit too firm.  Also, rather frustratingly, my husband woke up with back pain again this morning.  When he was sleeping on the spring mattress/topper combo, that didn't seem to be much of an issue.

Here's my real question - what do we do now?  We're rearranging the layers to try out s/f/f and s/m/m.  I know I can call and swap layers, but I'm not sure what we need.  We are very SHORT and small.  My husband is 5'2" and weighs roughly 125lbs.  I'm 5'0" and weigh 135lbs.  We're both side sleepers.  Do you think we need to go softer or firmer?  Is anyone else out there as small as we are?  I am looking for any advice I can get.  I really want this to work for us as I so enjoyed the latex topper - it was amazing!  I really want the whole mattress to be just as good.

Thanks to everyone who has used this forum.  I've spent quite a few hours perusing the messages and most everything you've posted has been helpful!  :-)
Re: New SleepEZ Bed - need some help configuring layers
Reply #17 Mar 30, 2009 6:51 PM
Inspiration struck Saturday night.  I thought that we might be able to build our own slat foundation from our existing box foundation and that piece of plywood we bought.  Hence, we ended up with a DIY project that actually turned out to be fun.  I'm going to post on a new thread the pictures in case they will help someone else.  Hopefully it will sleep just as comfy, but offer more support.  See DIY slat foundation project.

Amy

Reply #18 Mar 30, 2009 11:47 PM
quefret, looking forward to your post and I hope that soon your bed is just right for you.
Reply #19 Mar 31, 2009 12:51 AM
May I ask where you bought the 1" soft latex top and what was the ILD rating please? Sleepez? Not sure how standard those ratings are. thx

Recent Posts