Mattress Covers
Jan 24, 2010 9:46 PM
Hi Everyone, I have wrestled with wanting a latex mattress for such a long time ... last week bought a Stearns and Foster latex mattress and then when the sales associate at Sears said I had to have a waterproof cover over it to protect the warrantee on it ... I started to shudder and cancelled the order pronto. I thought why the heck would I pay almost $3,000 on a great mattress ... and by DIYers it isn't great ... only to wrap it with a "plastic" cover ... thought it would resemble a hospital bed. Anyways, I just heard of Sleep like a Bear and thought I would look at their site. I like the look of this Zippered Quilted Mattress Cover ... http://www.sleeplikeabear.com/product/COV-WOL-018 Does anyone have one? Are there other sites that offer similar products at better price?
Re: Mattress Covers
Reply #8 Jan 26, 2010 12:37 PM
haha, I think from what I have seen I am probably the only active dealer on this site, instead of just showing up when a thread gets made about a product I 'hock'. 

eagle2, I would love to help more easily (I got a lot of latex options) but I am quite the trip away lol. 

One thing to keep in mind though, most US dealers are not completely aware of all the brokerage fee's and things like this.  If the object is too big to send with the US postal service and you have to use a company like UPS or traditional truck freight there will be massive brokerage fee's.  That being said from what I can see Flobeds really does have good pricing and even if you get hit with a couple extra hundred as a brokerage fee you will probably still be alright. 

I only say this as fair warning, I have ordered a set of wheels and tires from the US once, sent UPS.  I was hit with a $320.00 brokerage fee I had to pay on site with UPS (unless of course you can clear the products through customs yourself).  This was for 4 small pieces at about 33 lbs each.  On the larger items that have to be sent truck freight the prices vary a lot.  I will tell you from our stores experience, we sell Wesley Allen Iron beds anywhere in Canada, they are made in Los Angeles and we have them sent direct to customers and the bills get sent to us.  If you are in a major metro area you might only be $200~$300 on the freight, if you are far outside of a major hub it can be 30% higher than this easily.  If you are in Nunavut (lol) its like $800. 

I would help with your questions about overstock or costco but quite frankly for obvious reasons I have zero experience with online only dealers, and costco sells a lot of different products in the US than what they do in Canada.
Reply #9 Jan 26, 2010 2:38 PM
budgy: Thanks for the response. I am sure a lot of Canada folks appreciate your input.

As far as budgy being a dealer, he's the only one that I am aware of on here. He was forthright about telling us his position, and as far as I know, has never tried to use that position to sell anything. While at the same time he has been most forthcoming with his knowledge and helpful with this information.
This message was modified Jan 26, 2010 by eagle2
Reply #10 Jan 26, 2010 3:26 PM
thanks Eagle :)
Reply #11 Jan 27, 2010 10:41 PM
Hey Budgy, Where are you a dealer? I find the prices in Canada WAY TOO expensive ... I am ready to buy, but not get hosed for a bed. This is why I am still considering Foam By Mail despite what people say ... I think BillB's post does and excellent job at showing their quality. Also, I am interested Euroslat base from Flobeds. Thanks for all of your help and comments ... I appreciate it. This is a great chat board. Why do my sentences run on as though I don't know how to sculpt a response or know how to use spaces ... because it sure looks different from my posting.
Reply #12 Jan 28, 2010 12:49 AM
im on the other side of this giant land mass lol.  we do sell online, but realistically I am not gonna claim us to be the cheapest, we certainly don't mark up our prices, but with the brands I sell especially online there is absolutely no discounting because of dealer agreements, and I think its wise to adhere to them, and fair to local dealers near you.  Feel free to PM me if you want more info, but like I have said in the past I will never post my name publicly on the forum because its taking advantage of the user base this site has accumulated and has paying advertisers on.
Reply #13 Jan 28, 2010 12:56 AM
budgy wrote:
im on the other side of this giant land mass lol.  we do sell online, but realistically I am not gonna claim us to be the cheapest, we certainly don't mark up our prices, but with the brands I sell especially online there is absolutely no discounting because of dealer agreements, and I think its wise to adhere to them, and fair to local dealers near you.  Feel free to PM me if you want more info, but like I have said in the past I will never post my name publicly on the forum because its taking advantage of the user base this site has accumulated and has paying advertisers on.

budgy: Good on you!!
Reply #14 Jan 28, 2010 10:49 PM
Hi Jazzsinger777, Ever since I updated Safari on my Mac, my posts come out as one long unreadable paragraph despite the fact that I carefully divid them up when I write. I have not been able to find a fix for this problem. (If anyone has any ideas, please let us know!) Before I updated Safari a few weeks ago, I did not have this problem so who knows.... ???? I tried posting using Firefox and the paragraphs come through fine. Problem is I don't care for Firefox, and have nothing bookmarked in it, so only use it if I have to. Linda
Reply #15 Jan 28, 2010 11:14 PM
I had same problem on Google Chrome. Comes out fine on Internet Explorer using same computer and at pretty much the same time. Too bad, as I prefer Chrome otherwise.
Reply #16 Jan 29, 2010 10:03 PM
I would PM message you Budgy but I have no Idea on how to do this ... Linda and cityskies ... I took typing in Grade 7 and the basics have stayed with me ever since ... take great pride in proper diction ... this just makes me look foolish.
Reply #17 Jan 29, 2010 10:56 PM
I just sent you a small PM so underneath your user name | Log Out on the top right of the page it should say you have 1 message.  You can click on that and then reply to me if you like ;)

Recent Posts