Latex beds without coils?
Aug 27, 2011 6:45 AM
Are latex beds without any coils supportive enough?  I'm nervous they are too mushy and unsupportive.  I like them for watching TV but nervous how i will feel after 8 hours or 8 years!  I am so confused and really need to buy something.  I', going back out to more stores today for the 10th day in a row and the sales people are NO help.   
Re: Latex beds without coils?
Reply #10 Aug 29, 2011 12:22 PM
neiman wrote:

Tried the Latex beds today and they are just not for me.  I love soft but they are just too 'mushy' for me.  The ONLY other bed i liked is the Aireloom Hybrid with 54% latex and 39% poly.  I am SOOOO afraid the poly is going to prematurly sag based on all the posts i've read BUT none of the posts have indicated which bed they are referring too so i just have my fingers crossed that they were inexpensive beds with low quality poly foam.  AND i have to hope my bed has the high quality poly......i can't believe how horrible this industry is.         

I think you are mistaken in assuming an all latex mattress will be too mushy.  It will depend on the type of latex you get.  Believe me if you got 9" of firm to extra firm dunlop latex, I doubt you would say it is too mushy.

What you may want to consider is buying a latex you can customize and exchange layers and/or return if you don't like(sleepez, flobeds, etc.) .  Sleepez would definitely be cheaper than your Aireloom option and I am pretty sure it will last longer since it will be all latex.  For most people this is a good option, because it is very tough to get the right feel without sleeping on it.

Some people just don't like the feel off all latex for whatever reason, so it is possible it won't work.  Maybe you are one of those or maybe you just have not tried a latex one that is firm enough.

Another option is the Costco which also sells a poly / latex combo.   That will be much cheaper and they have a 100% return policy.   The disadvantage is that you cannot try it out first, so  a bit of a hassle if you end up not liking it.    I returned one that they delivered and picked up and it did not cost me one cent.

Reply #11 Aug 29, 2011 12:43 PM
neiman wrote:

Scot1258-

You wrote "I got lucky when I complained alot to my cc company and got a full refund".   That is great...your right, you did get it lucky.  With all the disclosures about no refunds its amazing you were able to get a refund.  Did you send the bed back to the company and then your CC company gave you a refund?  How did it happen? 

Yes i live in Orange County.  

Hey Neiman,

They issued a refund and the mattress store picked it up. I complained alot! Wrote a couple long letters and called several times. It was a pretty big hassell but I did get results. I'm a good cc customer so I think that made a difference. But again I was one of the lucky ones this usually does not happen.

Costco is a nice option as stated above as they will take mattresses back. The flobeds and sleepez folks will too. Both very nice to deal with. I tried their beds and they weren't for me. Return was easy with them - it's just hard to get it all packed up to ship back. Since you in in the OC go over to Ergo and start there. They have a nice selection of quality beds and you'll get a good idea of what's available in a quality bed.

And another bed store that has gotten some good press is Bay Beds up in Santa Cruz http://www.baybed.com/  They can customize a bed too with their open system. I think they do use latex and some poly but since you can replace it it's not that big a deal if it softens up too much over time. They sell a couple different spring sytems too and they will ship it down to the OC for you and their prices are very resonable.

Enjoy your options!

This message was modified Aug 29, 2011 by Scott1258
Reply #12 Aug 29, 2011 12:54 PM
I will go to Ergo today!

Thanks to everyone who is hangin in there with me.  I just dislike every bed i try except the darn Aireloom (called Victoria Gardens).  I can't stand a firm bed or memory foam...i like one that is super springy and soft.   

Reply #13 Aug 29, 2011 1:46 PM
neiman wrote:

I will go to Ergo today!

... i like one that is super springy and soft.   

Then you will fall in love with the Carpe Diem beds ... enjoy your adventure!

Recent Posts