I'm going to be getting this latex mattress, with Latex International foam....
Jan 17, 2012 11:18 PM
https://healthychoicemattress.com/organic_collection/rose_mattress.htm

Does it look like good quality? How about the company, how does that look as well? Just looking for your input! Thanks

Re: I'm going to be getting this latex mattress, with Latex International foam....
Reply #25 Jan 24, 2012 8:12 PM
megalops wrote:

http://www.greenmountainorganics.com/pdfs/savvy_rest/lilatex.pdf

Latex International (LI) certifies that the compound utilized to manufacture its Talatech® natural latex mattress cores and toppers includes only natural latex rubber harvested from the “Hevea Brasiliensis” rubber tree, as well as soaps and curing agents. We do NOT use any man-made or synthetic latex in our Talatech® natural latex formula.

The majority of 100% natural latex sleep products are produced via the Dunlop process, while our latex is produced via the Talalay process. LI’s proprietary compound mix required by the complex Talalay process includes raw materials such as natural rubber latex, zinc oxide, fatty acid soaps, and sulfur, which are needed for the vulcanization, foaming, and curing process.

You may want to share that with your golfing buddies, because I believe they're filling your head full of BS. Either that or the director of operations, Anthony Mancini is placing his job on the line and exposing LI to a massive class action suit.

I showed this to My one of the reps and he said that this is true for some of their products, but it is a small amount. The Talalay process is just a process and not a specific type of Latex. He informed me that 90% of their Talalay products sold is a blended and synthetic latex. The wording in this marketing add from this company is a little misleading and Talatech Natual Latex Formula is not the only Latex used with the Talalay process. He did say many compaines use this to make people think all Talalay Latex is 100% natural latex and not blended.

This is what is says on Latex Internationals Website:

http://latexfoam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=69

Latex is rubber, NOT plastic. There are 2 types of latex; NR or natural rubber latex and SBR (styrene butadiene rubber) or man-made latex. All latex is either a blend of the two or 100% natural latex. Natural latex is harvested from the rubber tree much like maple syrup is harvested.

All mattress components and pillows from Latex International are 100% latex. For the majority of our products, we use a proprietary blend of natural and man-made latex to provide the optimal balance of comfort and durability. Natural rubber latex is used to provide that great contouring feel. Man made latex (SBR) provides durability and helps in creating a product that is very resilient to body sets as it can be compressed over and over and will continue to provide showroom feel.

This message was modified Jan 24, 2012 by DaveStro
Re: I'm going to be getting this latex mattress, with Latex International foam....
Reply #26 Jan 26, 2012 4:45 PM
megalops wrote:

I just noticed on that webpage the manufacturer's warranty on their Talatech Natural v.s. the Classic Talatech. They give a 20 year on their blended product, yet only a 10 year on their natural.

This leads me to believe budgy's theory even more about the LI making more money off their blended product vs. the all natural. They try to sway consumers and bedding manufacturers to buy their more profitable product by offering a much longer warranty which will almost certainly never be honored.

Two things with the warranty.

1st THe warranty has nothing to do with the life of the porduct. It only protects you against Defects in material and manufacturing. Anything that is considered normal wear and tear is not covered under waranty.

2nd. The 20 year waranty is 10yrs non prorated and 10yrs prorated.

They will honor the waranty just fine, but if the mattress is 15 yrs old it is going to be hard to prove that is was defect and not normal wear and tear.

Reply #27 Jan 26, 2012 4:57 PM
tjstogner wrote:

Hey guys- I called the assembly company that healthy choice uses, restopedic, (they put the mattresses together) and they confirmed that it's the 100% natural blend from LI, rather than the natural/synthetic blend. Mattress is being custom made and will arrive in approx 3 weeks! 25 year Warranty covers 3/4 of an inch of an impression.

The Natural Blended it 100% Natural Latex blended with Synthetic, which is still a great product. It done this way just to bring cost down a bit.

Recent Posts