How much of low back pain is caused by shoddy mattress made by scam artists manufacturers?
Jan 26, 2010 4:17 PM
Now that it is known that most manufacturers are playing customers by selling them third rate mattresses.
I would like to know what percentage of the wide spread low back pain in our country (USA) can be directly attributed to these manufacturers mattresses?

Thanks so much and God bless.
Re: How much of low back pain is caused by shoddy mattress made by scam artists manufacturers?
Reply #1 Jan 26, 2010 10:28 PM
impossible to say. most lower back pain is probably CAUSED by lifestyle, or possibly injury, or even old age or a combination.  There definitely would be cases where a mattress would certainly aggravate this issue rather than alleviate, but impossible to discern objectively.
Re: How much of low back pain is caused by shoddy mattress made by scam artists manufacturers?
Reply #2 Jan 28, 2010 3:21 PM
lowbacpain wrote:
Now that it is known that most manufacturers are playing customers by selling them third rate mattresses.
I would like to know what percentage of the wide spread low back pain in our country (USA) can be directly attributed to these manufacturers mattresses?

Thanks so much and God bless.

IMHO, I don't think it's so much the mattresses that cause lower back pain, I think they take an already weak back and then make it worse. That is, I think most back pain comes from the way we sit, from lifting things, from car accidents, and so forth but then one's back needs very good support and the modern S company beds don't provide it.

But I think it is also possible that at least some people's back problems are CAUSED by the lousy PU foam-heavy mattresses. I think a lot of people have a mattress that is 15+ years old and it's been providing good support but then it finally gets old and wears out. So then people go out and get a new S company mattress which does NOT provide good support and so their back starts to hurt.

I do feel the mattress companies should be brought under regulation in this country: that they should have to list specs like gauge of springs, quality and thickness of foam layers, cover materials, batting materials etc.; and they should not be allowed to name mattresses differently just because one store has one with a slightly different something-or-other. Model names and numbers should be used that allow price comparisons and quality comparisons from store to store. I guess in today's world with all the economic problems, wars, earthquake relief, etc., this is not an issue that is likely to get very far in Congress. But in a more sensible world, it would.

Recent Posts