Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Aug 8, 2011 7:27 PM
2 days short of 4 weeks sleeping on the Serta iComfort Revolution, I'm positive it won't work out - too soft, hips,butt sink in too much, not good for back or neck.  Tried the firmer Genius, but now, I'm not so impressed with memory foam as I am with latex.  First tried latex at a local organic mattress store and was really liking the feel.

Been looking at all the vendors of layered latex mattresses.  I like SleepEZ's 'easier' prices and policies and Shawn was very nice on the two prior phone calls.  So I'm rolling with his recommendation, a blended talalay 10000 in SMF.  I'm hoping for a great mattress so I can write some 5 star reviews for a change.

This message was modified Aug 8, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Reply #24 Aug 19, 2011 12:41 AM
Dallasgirl,

The support is good for me with this SleepEZ bed.  I only have a superthin (like a sheet) mattress protector and fitted sheet on the mattress and it's not enough cush at this point.  I'm not sure if there's a little too much push back and pressure point coming from the Soft layer.  I'll try a premium mattress protector with a nice layer of pillowy material.  Hopefull that will keep me laying in one position longer by the time 5am comes around

So, it's good, but needs a little work for me.  One thing noticed is the 'organic' SleepEZ ad's 19-22 ILD for the all natural talalay Soft layer and 22-24 ILD for the blended talalay soft layer.  Need to ask Shawn if typo or why that is. 

Lynn, thanks for the info and links! I'll check 'em.

This message was modified Aug 19, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #25 Aug 20, 2011 11:01 AM
This slatted wood foundation seems to have increased pressure points.  Yesterday I scrambled to get a poly fill mattress pad and cheap memory foam topper to help out.  Today I need to shop for a quality memory foam topper, probably 2".  Maybe I'll look into a low ILD latex topper too. 
This message was modified Aug 20, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #26 Aug 20, 2011 9:08 PM
I just purchased a Sleep Innovations 2.5" gel memory foam topper from Costco, put it on the SleepEZ 10000 bed.  I'd like to stay away from the non-natural stuff in the long run, but I'm working to get really easy on the joints while maintaining the support the SleepEZ offers.

I've seen some of the toppers offered at Sleep Like a Bear in Nevada and I might try one of the Latex Intl Celsion 15 ILD toppers eventually.  Just not in the mood to mail order now.  Too much already.

I think many people would be just fine with this SleepEZ 10000 blended talalay in F/M/S.  It really offers very good support with a nice bouncy little feel.  I have to deal with the old right shoulder injury which is very sensitive to pressure and I rely on laying on it. 

I've compared the bare SleepEZ 10000 to a Temurpedic regular Cloud, am I'm quite sure the Cloud offers less 'pushback' hence more pressure relief on joints.  Both make me sink about the same amount into the mattress.  But, I can fine tune things with toppers. 

This message was modified Aug 20, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #27 Aug 21, 2011 9:06 AM

This is starting to get ugly .... the slatted wood foundation has taken things backwards IMO.  I figure there is just no give in those wood slats, so it increases the pushback from the latex.   Above I mentioned using a topper last, here's the result -

Here is some quick feedback on the Novaform 2.5" gel memory foam topper -   ahhhhhh, fail

says 'Ultimate Comfort ... you don't sink in' - fail.  First thing I noticed is I sink a lot into the memory foam

says 'Superior Pressure Point Relief ... distributes weight to reduce tossing and turning' - fail.  No it didn't.  It didn't kick down much of the pushback coming from this latex mattress.

says 'Breathable comfort .... - never too warm, always just right' - Big fat fail.   Folks, it was hot

The gel foam doens't magically whisk the heat away to nowhere.  Where does the body heat go anyway?   Is there any air flow system in the topper?  Or in the top layer of a Novaform or iComfort?    Is there any convoluted foam to give the heat channels to dissipate?   No.

---------------------------------------------

Bottom line - awful lot of Tempurpedic wannabees out there.

Reply #28 Aug 21, 2011 4:15 PM
slpngoc,

Sorry to hear this! I wonder if this was our issue with the latex? We only have like 8" of latex on the wood foundation which really had no give at all! Sadly, at this point I am not about to try all that again. Rolling those latex layers back up into the boxes for return was less than thrilling. And one of the funnier things I've ever done too.

Do you still have your other box springs? can you go back to that and see if it's better?

I went mattress hunting again for a little while yesterday and I did really like the Tempurpedic Deluxe. Seems like a nice medium to firm. Not so soft and sinking as the Cloud models, but not as hard as the Advantage and Original. Somewhere in the middle. Nicely conforming, but not too much sinking. Trying to get my husband over to see one.

Good luck with this! Keep us posted.

Reply #29 Aug 21, 2011 5:57 PM
Dallasgirl wrote:

slpngoc,

Sorry to hear this! I wonder if this was our issue with the latex? We only have like 8" of latex on the wood foundation which really had no give at all! Sadly, at this point I am not about to try all that again. Rolling those latex layers back up into the boxes for return was less than thrilling. And one of the funnier things I've ever done too.

Do you still have your other box springs? can you go back to that and see if it's better?

I went mattress hunting again for a little while yesterday and I did really like the Tempurpedic Deluxe. Seems like a nice medium to firm. Not so soft and sinking as the Cloud models, but not as hard as the Advantage and Original. Somewhere in the middle. Nicely conforming, but not too much sinking. Trying to get my husband over to see one.

Good luck with this! Keep us posted.

I still have the serta foundation.  Tonight going to try the iComfort on the stiff slatted foundation.

Your stores may not have the Tempurpedic Contour Select out yet, but I would recommend that.  The Contour Signature is even thicker and a bit much for my taste.  The base Contour is pretty thin, only 8" height.

The Contour Select hits a nice medium at 10" mattress height with about 4" memory foam.  That foam is fairly slow acting, but it conforms well and relieves pressure quite well.   I know the twinXL set is $1850, so I guess a king would be about $2,500 which is not too awfully bad.

Reply #31 Aug 22, 2011 3:28 PM
Dallasgirl wrote:

Thanks! You are pretty much right on the money! King mattress is $2300 / set is $2800.

I believe the Contour Select is the same as what had been the Deluxe. Is that correct?

Any thoughts on inclining the box spring? http://www.amazon.com/Incline-Box-Spring-Reflux-Remedy/dp/B004XUMWBI/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

Deluxe bed which is discontinued had the dual air flow system.  Contour Select only has single air flow system like Advantage Bed has (had?).

Don't kow about inlcine box spring.

Reply #32 Aug 22, 2011 3:35 PM
Ah wow, so I promptly pulled up the slatted wooden foundation this morning.  It had pine slats a little less than 3" apart.  Man that thing was putting extra pressure into my shoulder blade and shoulder.  I even had the icomfort Rev. on it last night and still felt bunch of extra pressure into both shoulders.    SleepEZ is being cool and crediting the cost back.  They said don't worry about shipping it back, so hopefully I can give it away to someone who needs it.

Reply #33 Aug 22, 2011 4:22 PM
slpngoc wrote:

Ah wow, so I promptly pulled up the slatted wooden foundation this morning.  It had pine slats a little less than 3" apart.  Man that thing was putting extra pressure into my shoulder blade and shoulder.  I even had the icomfort Rev. on it last night and still felt bunch of extra pressure into both shoulders.    SleepEZ is being cool and crediting the cost back.  They said don't worry about shipping it back, so hopefully I can give it away to someone who needs it.

what about the flobeds euro slat foundation?   http://www.flobeds.com/product_details.htm?ID=7037EK   so do you still have your sleepez 10000?     

Recent Posts