Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Aug 8, 2011 7:27 PM
2 days short of 4 weeks sleeping on the Serta iComfort Revolution, I'm positive it won't work out - too soft, hips,butt sink in too much, not good for back or neck.  Tried the firmer Genius, but now, I'm not so impressed with memory foam as I am with latex.  First tried latex at a local organic mattress store and was really liking the feel.

Been looking at all the vendors of layered latex mattresses.  I like SleepEZ's 'easier' prices and policies and Shawn was very nice on the two prior phone calls.  So I'm rolling with his recommendation, a blended talalay 10000 in SMF.  I'm hoping for a great mattress so I can write some 5 star reviews for a change.

This message was modified Aug 8, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Reply #14 Aug 14, 2011 5:44 PM
slpngoc wrote:

2 days short of 4 weeks sleeping on the Serta iComfort Revolution, I'm positive it won't work out - too soft, hips,butt sink in too much, not good for back or neck.  Tried the firmer Genius, but now, I'm not so impressed with memory foam as I am with latex.  First tried latex at a local organic mattress store and was really liking the feel.

Been looking at all the vendors of layered latex mattresses.  I like SleepEZ's 'easier' prices and policies and Shawn was very nice on the two prior phone calls.  So I'm rolling with his recommendation, a blended talalay 10000 in SMF.  I'm hoping for a great mattress so I can write some 5 star reviews for a change.

Thanks for sharing info.

1) What are the ILD values for SMF (20,30,40 respectively)?

2) Is the wool embedded in the cover? Throughout the whole cover, or just parts of it (e.g. top)?

3) Since these are separate pieces, does that mean it is not considered a mattress (in terms of safety standards) and therefore is not subject to the open flame standard (e.g. no flame retardants required)?

4) Is the wool treated with any chemicals?

Thanks,

pimy

Reply #15 Aug 14, 2011 7:18 PM
pimy wrote:

Thanks for sharing info.

2) Is the wool embedded in the cover? Throughout the whole cover, or just parts of it (e.g. top)?

3) Since these are separate pieces, does that mean it is not considered a mattress (in terms of safety standards) and therefore is not subject to the open flame standard (e.g. no flame retardants required)?

Thanks,

pimy

Check SleepEZ site for the ILD's ... it's a range for each.  Wool quilted in the top.  It's got a law tag and I'm sure conforms to the federal requirements.  They sell a lot of mattresses.

I don't know if the non-organic is not treated with any sort of chemicals.  Talk to shawn at SleepEZ.

Reply #16 Aug 14, 2011 7:18 PM
pimy wrote:

Thanks for sharing info.

Thanks,

pimy

Check SleepEZ site for the ILD's ... it's a range for each.  Wool quilted in the top.  It's got a law tag and I'm sure conforms to the federal requirements.  They sell a lot of mattresses.

I don't know if the non-organic is not treated with any sort of chemicals.  Talk to shawn at SleepEZ.

Reply #17 Aug 14, 2011 7:23 PM
Ok, so a little bit of feedback coming through.  The bed is setup with only a super-thin terry protect-a-bed and fitted sheet on mattress.  There is definitely more pushback coming into my right shoulder (the old injury) than I'd like.

First thought this morning was, geez, I would need a topper for this. I looked at HolyLambOrganics and they make an organic wool/cotton topper(s), but it's over $300 even in twin XL.   I think that leaves me with trying something locally which is usually memory foam.   

Hopped over to Sleep Train to try TP Cloud and Contour Select and I'm virtually certain both of those offer a fair amount less pushback / more pressure relief.

Reply #18 Aug 15, 2011 1:05 AM
My all Dunlop latex mattress has softened up a tad in the 6 weeks I've had it.  I don't sink in, but there is a little more give at the top layer.  Since you have talalay on your top layer, perhaps it will also soften up some.  I was hoping latex was going to be a winner for you, slpngoc.
Reply #19 Aug 15, 2011 1:36 AM
sleepswithcats wrote:

My all Dunlop latex mattress has softened up a tad in the 6 weeks I've had it.  I don't sink in, but there is a little more give at the top layer.  Since you have talalay on your top layer, perhaps it will also soften up some.  I was hoping latex was going to be a winner for you, slpngoc.

Thanks.  I'm not going to freak out, just fine tune things.

Was looking at SnugFleece wool mattress topper pads.  I'm sure I'll find something like wool or memory topping to dial in the feel.

Reply #20 Aug 15, 2011 12:36 PM
I don't think Sleepez's soft is really that soft.  You could try an inch or two of 19 or 14 ILD on top ( or maybe one inch of each) to soften the top.  I think their soft is something like 22-24ILD.  If you do that and add a wool mattress protector, it might work for you.  Otherwise, I think you are headed to a custom zoned mattress eventually.  Why not, you are doing the round robin anyway.  It is interesting watching your adventure.  Thanks for posting them.
Reply #21 Aug 15, 2011 1:07 PM
Sall wrote:

I don't think Sleepez's soft is really that soft.  You could try an inch or two of 19 or 14 ILD on top ( or maybe one inch of each) to soften the top.  I think their soft is something like 22-24ILD.  If you do that and add a wool mattress protector, it might work for you.  Otherwise, I think you are headed to a custom zoned mattress eventually.  Why not, you are doing the round robin anyway.  It is interesting watching your adventure.  Thanks for posting them.

Thanks.  You're right, it is 22-24 ILD.  It still has quite a bit of cush though.  There's an innerspring mattress in next with room 'medium' PU foam topper and eek that's harder than where I'm at now.

This message was modified Aug 16, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #22 Aug 18, 2011 10:35 PM
slpgnoc,

How is this bed working out for you?? The cheapo Sam's bed is hit and miss. Some days good, some days bad. :( I swear!

Re: Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way- maybe you need a soft latex topper? I bought this one in1" in 2007 and I LOVE it. So I am sharing. From Lynn2006
Reply #23 Aug 19, 2011 12:15 AM
Brylane Home Latex Mattress Topper- Promo Code: BHWEBFS for free shipping with over $50

Brylane Home Latex Mattress Topper

Item #: 1583-11487-1238

Orig: $129.99 - $269.99

Sale: $55.99 - $117.99 (Free shipping with first order when you register….I found the free shipping code for you above.....Also it says you get $10 for referring and the one receiving gets $10… if it is a coupon & if you are able to use both, you can use my $10 if you gave my name if not this is a great topper since I bought the 1” soft one that is all natural with no smell and I love it with free shipping… this one is 1.5” but it may be good also and there is a 90 day return policy… I only needed 1” and I am so glad that is what they sold in 2007)

$55.99 for twin & then goes up in price until $117.99 for King. 

http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Latex-Mattress-Topper.aspx?PfId=202523&DeptId=15326&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps

Stay cooler and more comfortable while you sleep with our ventilated mattress topper. Spot clean only. Imported.

·  All natural and eco-friendly

·  1½" thick foam

·  Superior support for your spine

·  Durable and long-lasting

·  Perfect on any surface

Recent Posts