First night on celsion topper. Stage II (the bed)
Mar 30, 2010 2:59 PM
Purchased a 2” Celsion topper and zippered terry cloth cover from sleeplikeabear.com.

It was delivered yesterday and here are my impressions:

• Quality is about what I’ve seen from posted photos of latex on this forum. A few missing bits. seamed in approx center(king size)
  • Smelled frown. My wife being allergic to almost everthing I worried about putting it on the bed right away but after returning from the YMCA we changed the sheet and put it on under the bottom fitted sheet (tight fit!)
  • Smell didn’t bother either of us during sleep
  • Hard to get into terry cover, ended up getting it as best I could then flipping over so zippered edge on bottomindecision.
  • Both enjoyed the cushioning
  • My wife thought it was cooler than before without.
    • Temps are projected to be high 60’s low 70’s later this week
  • Did not notice partners moving / re-positioning during the night

We plan on sleeping in this configuration for a while then will decide on next move …I’ll post any revelations “we” observe.

Previous posted

Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

This message was modified Apr 8, 2010 by rjb772
Re: First night on celsion topper.
Reply #21 Apr 9, 2010 6:21 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Just got off the phone with Dewey.....ordered the FloBedsmiley Can't wait for next Friday (when I should be getting delivery)!

Awesome rjb! (yes I'm from Ca. and yes we still say "awesome")

I hope you're well on your way to duplicate the "Pranasleep Wahe Guru".

Ditto what Leo said. smiley

Re: First night on celsion topper. Stage II (the bed)
Reply #22 Apr 16, 2010 5:58 PM
My new FloBed just showed up! Assembly was a breeze, even easier than putting the Celsion topper into the Terrycloth cover.

The new bed is a Natural Deluxe eastern king. It's currently configured XF/XF/F both sides (although Dewey picked out XF's at higher end ILD for my side and marked the shipping bags as mine). My wife helped assemble it so first we zipped everything up with the FloBed convoluted topper as the top layer, laid on it for a few minutes then unzipped and replaced the convoluted with the 2" Celsion topper. We both liked this "feel" better and decided this is the configuration we will test drive. We plan on using the convoluted topper on the twin beds (cut in half) in the spare bedroom for the grandkids use.

Sheets fit on a whole lot easier than they did on the old Serta Perfect Night (~15" deep non-pillowtop) and my wife says it's lighter lifting the corners too.

I goofed up and should have put both summer & winter dust ruffles on so you could just fold under the unused one (they're different colors to match the winter & summer color schemes).

I'll post again after a few nights on this (new) setup.

Reply #23 Apr 22, 2010 10:03 AM
Well my wife and I decided we wouldn't change a thing! Both of us are very comfortable with the setup of XF/XF/F and the celsion replacing the convoluted topper.

Today we put the old Serta Perfect Night out for garbage pickup.

Very very satisfied.

Reply #24 Apr 22, 2010 11:49 AM
rjb772, Thank you for sharing your experience with the bed.  What I like is that a topper of choice does fit inside the zippered cover.  I am so glad that you wife and you got the set up right the first time and Dewey was able to find X-Firm ILD's on the higher side for you.  I love sleeping on my latex bed (a FloBed like yours but I have a different topper and not the convoluted topper that many people love but I wanted only a 1" cushion on top) and I am glad you and your wife are getting the same comfort and wonderful sleeping experience.
Reply #25 Apr 22, 2010 12:12 PM
rjb772 wrote:

Well my wife and I decided we wouldn't change a thing! Both of us are very comfortable with the setup of XF/XF/F and the celsion replacing the convoluted topper.

Today we put the old Serta Perfect Night out for garbage pickup.

Very very satisfied.

Are you going to return the convoluted topper?  I think they may refund you something for it.

Reply #26 Apr 22, 2010 3:54 PM
Sandman, he said he was going to use it over the guest beds, cut in half.

Congratulations RJB on your mattress success.  Do you have a thread with what you setup and your age/weight info for reference for future buyers (perhaps me)?  I see you got natural talalay F/XF/XF.  But do you have any ailments like bursitis in the hip?  I am so wishing this would help me, but I have my doubts.

Again congrats.

Reply #27 Apr 22, 2010 7:09 PM
Leo3

First posted Need latex mattress help Please
Original Message   Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

My wife and I don't really have any "structural" ailments. We've been going to the YMCA since January (Christmas present from us to us) and I have been losing weight steadily, My wife is having a harder time sheading pounds even though she exercises much more than I do.i've told her the it's the fact that muscle burns fat faster and men are naturally more muscular.

We do have the "normal" aging aches and pains from overdoing ( we both still think & act younger than our years). My wife has the dreaded Menopause symptoms and for me I joke that the proverbial Lynch pin fell out when I turned 55. Thank God my wife kept me in relatively good shape because I needed every advantage I could. My extra weight came from being sedintary in between the numerous surgerys to get that darn pin back in.

Recent Posts