Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Jul 23, 2010 8:08 AM
Here's the info on the three different mattresses (manufactured by Spring Air) that were being offered when I stopped by Coscto on July 1, 2010:

CASCADE:

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Quilt - Cashmere fiber blend with 1 layer of comfort foam
  • Upholstery - 2.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" soy based foam
  • Foundation - Eco Wood Foundation

SIERRA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 3.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" Soy based foam

PACIFICA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 6.5" of Natural Latex  (NOTE - this is not just one layer of latex - but some sort of variation that is put together to equal 6.5")
  • Support Core - 7" of Soy based foam

(You have a choice of regular or low-profile foundation - you'll probably want the low-profile for the PACIFICA)

Cost for King Size Pacifica in our part of the country, including two twin size foundation pieces to go under the king size mattress:  $1,799.97 plus $99 delivery fee. 

Delivered Monday (four days ago).

I am loving this bed ... !!  :) :) :)

This message was modified Jul 23, 2010 by BedSaga
Re: Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Reply #13 May 25, 2014 1:18 PM
An update - The Costco Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress Pacifica has not performed as hoped.  It developed a couple of wells in the bed after about three years and now after five years the wells are pretty deep. The top layer which is listed as "comfort foam" is obviously not latex and both it and the covering to which it is stitched has stretched out a lot and leaves a three-inch high bump which has to be pushed or stretched out of the way.

This bed would probably be fine as a guest bed that's not used constantly, but all in all, a big disappointment.

I'm wondering if anyone has purchased the Costco Sleep Science latex bed - which only lists latex as the ingredient.  I would think total latex would perform better.  I will post that question as a separate thread.

Thanks~!

Reply #14 Dec 7, 2016 9:10 PM
Yay for Costco.  They gave us our money back on this Spring Air mattress mentioned above - which had developed deep wells in it.  Since it was a third party seller, we did not get our delivery fee back.

Purchased a Sleep Science latex mattress (something like six inches of firm and 3 inches of medium) - also from Costco (purchased online).

It is comfortable but not a "plush". feeling  I already had a 3" convoluted latex topper (with wool covering).  Added that and it now seems just right.

I really hope this mattress does not develop wells.  If it truly is latex it should not do so.

This message was modified Dec 7, 2016 by BedSaga
Reply #15 Dec 12, 2016 12:16 AM
<p> </p> ]
Yay for Costco.&nbsp; They gave us our money back on this Spring Air mattress mentioned above - which had developed deep wells in it.&nbsp; Since it was a third party seller, we did not get our delivery fee back. </p> <p> Purchased a Sleep Science latex mattress (something like six inches of firm and 3 inches of medium) - also from Costco (purchased online). </p> <p> It is comfortable but not a "plush". feeling&nbsp; I already had a 3" convoluted latex topper (with wool covering).&nbsp; Added that and it now seems just right. </p> <p> I really hope this mattress does not develop wells.&nbsp; If it truly is latex it should not do so.
[/quote wrote:
That's interesting... i was always curious about executing on these lengthy mattress warranties. Just curious, did they put up much of a fuss when you returned it? What kind of questions did they ask? I'm guessing you actually had to take the mattress to the Costco before they provided you with a refund?
Reply #16 Dec 16, 2016 10:38 PM
We opted to take the mattress and box springs back to Costco because it was better for our schedule (as opposed to being home for half a day waiting for a pickup).  I took before and after photos of the mattress to quickly demonstrate why I was returning.  I don't know if it would have taken longer to explain the return over the phone and negotiate free pickup.  A friend of ours did exchange Costco mattresses a year or so ago and got a commitment for them to pick up the unsatisfactory mattress when they delivered the new one (the old one was not very old).

No hassle on our return.  It took a little longer because they had to check about the delivery fee.

Because it was a third party, they refunded in the same manner as purchase (example - Buy with Visa, get refund to Visa).

I'm guessing the third party (Spring Air) is the one refunding Costco.

So - I'm guessing I'll be sticking to all latex from here on out.

Recent Posts