Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Jul 23, 2010 8:08 AM
Here's the info on the three different mattresses (manufactured by Spring Air) that were being offered when I stopped by Coscto on July 1, 2010:

CASCADE:

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Quilt - Cashmere fiber blend with 1 layer of comfort foam
  • Upholstery - 2.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" soy based foam
  • Foundation - Eco Wood Foundation

SIERRA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 3.5" of Natural Latex
  • Support Core - 7" Soy based foam

PACIFICA

• Fabric - Bamboo
  • Upholstery - 6.5" of Natural Latex  (NOTE - this is not just one layer of latex - but some sort of variation that is put together to equal 6.5")
  • Support Core - 7" of Soy based foam

(You have a choice of regular or low-profile foundation - you'll probably want the low-profile for the PACIFICA)

Cost for King Size Pacifica in our part of the country, including two twin size foundation pieces to go under the king size mattress:  $1,799.97 plus $99 delivery fee. 

Delivered Monday (four days ago).

I am loving this bed ... !!  :) :) :)

This message was modified Jul 23, 2010 by BedSaga
Re: Costco - Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress - 3 choices
Reply #3 Jul 24, 2010 11:32 AM
I was in my local Costco and finally decided to buy a foam mattress topper on sale for $130 king size.  I was wheeling it around in my cart (very heavy) when I came upon 3 actuall beds in the store on display.  

Genia measured my back and told me I would fit with the Sierra style mattress.  I lied down on the bed while Genia told me various wonderful success stories about the Pacifica(thickest style) mattress helping people with terrible back problems.  I only woke up with a crick in my neck that morning and was looking for some relief from my mattress and my pain.  She convinced me.  I called my spouse and said to come over and lay on the bed after work and if it felt good, buy it.   The bed was only there on display for 10 days.

I continued to shop after being on the bed for about 10 minutes.  On my drive home I realized the crick in my neck was gone.  Spouse went and purchased bed and I am now waiting for delivery.  I vascilite between extreme excitement and worry that bed was an impulse buy and will be a problem. 

I was very encouraged by Bed Saga loving his bed! (in red, no less)

I will give update after bed arrives.

Reply #4 Jul 24, 2010 11:43 AM
jmjsailor wrote:

I was in my local Costco and finally decided to buy a foam mattress topper on sale for $130 king size.  I was wheeling it around in my cart (very heavy) when I came upon 3 actuall beds in the store on display.  

Genia measured my back and told me I would fit with the Sierra style mattress.  I lied down on the bed while Genia told me various wonderful success stories about the Pacifica(thickest style) mattress helping people with terrible back problems.  I only woke up with a crick in my neck that morning and was looking for some relief from my mattress and my pain.  She convinced me.  I called my spouse and said to come over and lay on the bed after work and if it felt good, buy it.   The bed was only there on display for 10 days.

I continued to shop after being on the bed for about 10 minutes.  On my drive home I realized the crick in my neck was gone.  Spouse went and purchased bed and I am now waiting for delivery.  I vascilite between extreme excitement and worry that bed was an impulse buy and will be a problem. 

I was very encouraged by Bed Saga loving his bed! (in red, no less)

I will give update after bed arrives.

Costco is very good about returns so don't worry too much.  However, in buying a mattress is is probably best to spend some time to figure out what really will work best for you. 

You neck issue might be due to your pillow.

Reply #5 Jul 31, 2010 8:09 AM
Hi Folks - here's an update.

Have slept on this new Spring Air Back Supporter Latex Mattress Pacifica for 9 nights.  Still lovin' it...!

When on person gets in or out of bed, it does not disturb the other person.

Due to the soy based foam support core, it didn't have strong smells or off-gassing.  Funny how we love that "new car smell" but we don't want other stuff to do that.

As long as this thing holds up (ie., does not develop "wells" or depressions in a year or two - or more) we should be fine... very fine! 

Kindest regards...

Reply #6 Jul 31, 2010 2:56 PM
We bought the Cascade at the North San Antonio Costco earlier this month and it was delivered 2 days ago.  Cascade is the firmest of the 3 offered, also the least expensive we paid around $1100 for the King with matching box springs.  I've tried firm matresses before but this one has just enough give to still be comfortable.  First time I've had no back pain in several years.  Costco offers a 1 year no questions asked return policy so there is no reason not to give it a try.

Loving it in San Anton....

Reply #7 Aug 1, 2010 5:03 AM
I thought Spring Air was out of business...

Budgy? Isn't that the case? Or were they bought out by someone and kept alive?

Reply #8 Aug 9, 2010 3:07 PM
spring air did go out of business but now is being manufactured again in a number of mattress factories under some kind of licensing deal............................i posted a thread on this some time ago......but i'm not sure if the new beds are anything like the previous spring airs
Reply #9 Aug 10, 2010 8:42 AM
I don't know about their history, but I did read something on their website about re-opening manufacturing plants (under new ownership??)
Reply #10 Sep 28, 2010 10:29 AM
Yes. Springair has been under new managment and ownership since June of 2009. They are rebuilding their company and rebuilding the Spring Air brand name. They are making quality products at an amazing price. EX. the beds they have in costco. I read someone say "you should put more thought into your mattress purchase" this is often the case when buying at a normal sleep shop because they will charge extra money to take the bed back. Then you will end up having to purchase the mattress again from them but one of a greater value. In costco you have a no questions asked return policy for one whole year. for any reason you will recieve a full refund! this is just one of the things Spring Air is willing to do to show that this brand is a great brand and here to stay.
Reply #11 Sep 30, 2010 10:15 AM
I bought the Costco special Spring Air middle choice "Sierra".  It was the most supportive, and at the store, it was also the one with the most "give".  I loved it!  But, when my mattress came, it was WAY too firm for me to be happy.  I talked to the representative, and he said it takes up to 6 months to "break in" the bed.  I'm sorry, but both my husband and I cannot sleep well on this SUPER FIRM bed that was meant to be a soft blessing at the end of my pregnancy. We cannot afford to sleep horribly for 6 months waiting for it to be "broken in".  I am returning it and trying out the Pacifica.  I hope this time it is not a disappointment!  
Reply #12 Jan 10, 2011 2:20 AM
amberoseinjune wrote:

I bought the Costco special Spring Air middle choice "Sierra".  It was the most supportive, and at the store, it was also the one with the most "give".  I loved it!  But, when my mattress came, it was WAY too firm for me to be happy.  I talked to the representative, and he said it takes up to 6 months to "break in" the bed.  I'm sorry, but both my husband and I cannot sleep well on this SUPER FIRM bed that was meant to be a soft blessing at the end of my pregnancy. We cannot afford to sleep horribly for 6 months waiting for it to be "broken in".  I am returning it and trying out the Pacifica.  I hope this time it is not a disappointment!  

Mattresses are always firmer when you put sheets on them.  How are you liking the Pacifica?

Recent Posts