Consdiering a Tempur-Pedic need advice
May 5, 2012 5:01 PM
I think I have tempur-pedic after trying most of them out. I have narrowed my decision down to 2 or 3 of them. I am looking at the Allura, clould luxe, and grand bed. I don't think I am going to go with the grand bed because it feels a bit too firm and it's the most expensive.

Anyhow I currently have a pillow top spring mattress that I had since 2004 and it has been sagging for a while espically the pillow top, so it is time for a change. I know tempur-pedics come with a high price tag which I am willing to invest in. If I make the leap would there be any reason why I would want to change? Am I going to feel like it's a new bed every night? The mattress sales people are telling me it will improve my health. One person says they don't need an alarm clock anymore and they just wake up because they are so rested. I know they come with a great warranry and 90 day trial period. I just hope they last as long as they claim.

Now my bedroom set is a platform bed with wood slats. Tempur-Pedic sells a low profile flat surface foundation that goes over the wood slats. Do I need that? I have heard mixed reviews. Some people saying putting the mattress on the slats alone wont work properly others are saying I should be fine.

As for mattress protector can I use any mattress protector or is it recommened to buy the one from tempur-pediuc or one specfially made for their beds? How about sheets do they fit snug? I have read they come off easily? I want them to fit properly. The mattresses I am considering are roughly 13" in thickness not sure if I need deep pocket sheets or not?

I am going to deal with my current mattress until I decide which tempur-pedic to purchase as I want to pay for it up front and don't want to finance it either. So that will give me some time to make my decision.

I would appreciate it if anyone could respond to the above questions and help me out.

Thanks

Re: Consdiering a Tempur-Pedic need advice
Reply #11 May 27, 2012 10:49 PM
Well sir I own a mattress store and truthfully most memory foam mattresses if they were laid side by side you could not tell the difference they are so close in quality and warranty . However there are vast  new improvements in all and the new cool gel are the best yet and  the cheapest companies are Therapedic and Corsicana we sell the King set at $1099 a set...   With Serta.. Simmons...Sealy...Tempurpedic  the name will cost double! 

Good Luck.

This message was modified May 27, 2012 by 1buttwheat
Reply #12 Jun 2, 2012 11:22 AM
You may want to look into the Simmons Comforpedic.  It is half the money and just as comfortable with the air-gel & memory foam.  My wife & I bought the loft and are very happy.
Reply #13 Jun 18, 2012 3:20 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

Chris:  Back sleeper 80%, side sleeper 20%.  6'/150lb.

Yes, my mattress has softned over time (Just like my salesperson told me it would).  Not as much as some claim on this forum.  I wish/and hope, it will actually soften up a bit more.  They are quite firm when new, thus taking awhile to get used to.  I walked on it for several days to expedite softening.

I use the Tempurpedic protector.  I bought the sheets on line (Dreamfit brand).  They are the same maker of the Tempurpedic sheets for less, and more choices. I got the degree 3 sheets.  They're awesome.

giacona:  Let your salesman know you can get the same deal somewhere else with an in home trial.  But since you dealt with them first, you wanted to give them an opportunity to match the deal.  If they won't, then use the same tactic somewhere else.  Try to get them to write the deal down if possible.  No in home trial is a big risk on something that costs this much.

As far as a floor model; pre-conditioned and no new smell. Plus a discount.  I would have done it, if they had my configuration available. 

which web site did you get those sheets from? for how much? are they deep pocket sheets?

Recent Posts