Carpe Diem
Sep 24, 2007 3:53 PM
I wanted to thank those that responded to my inquiries and helped us in our decision. We did decide to purchase the Carpe Diem bed from Sleepetc. in Connecticut and the bed is really amazing.

I posted a review and details of our quest for the perfect bed in the review section in order to help others in their quest: http://www.whatsthebest-mattress.com/reviews/r998.html
Re: Carpe Diem
Reply #9 Mar 6, 2011 12:17 PM
m61376 - Thank you for your excellent review of the Carpe Diem Korno bed. It has been quite some time since you wrote the review but if you happen to receive this response, we'd love to hear your assessment of it now, several years later. So often people review their beds when they're new, but the real asssessment as you will know from your previous beds comes after a few years on them. We were originally about to buy a Hastens Superia but after reading many reviews thought it was worthwhile to drive the 45 minutes to the only shop in Canada (!) that carries Carpe Diem. Just as you describe it is much like the Hastens but a little better owing to the latex in the topper. I really liked the idea of the all natural flax/wool/horsehair and resulting coolness of the Hastens but we were concerned about the maintenance and the settling or flattening of the topper. Maintenance suggests to me that it will not feel exactly as it did in the store over time. Carpe Diem seems to answer these concerns and for a "little more" we were into a bed we wouldn't even be able to consider in the Hastens line. We are comparing the Scandanavian set up of Hastens to the continental (additional mattress) of Carpe Diem. While we're going to spend more, the similar hastens would be way more.

if you happen to read this post, I'd love to hear your review today. And by the way as two very physically active people, we loved your take as a physio therapist. Thanks again.

Re: Carpe Diem
Reply #10 Mar 7, 2011 11:18 PM
Kellyp:  what store in Canada is carrying Carpe Diem?

Recent Posts