Can latex match the support you get from innnersprings?
Apr 22, 2011 6:01 PM
Hello everyone,

Great forum - learned alot, but boy is this a painful process. I'm not super picky, but important mattress qualities for me are long lasting, supportive for lower back, comfortable and as few chemicals as possible.

For some reason, I keep thinking an all latex mattress can't match the sort of "even, all over" support of springs. We tried a 100% natural latex mattress from SleepEZ for 90 days and I experienced intermittant low back pain. it just didnt feel like it was holding my mid section (hips/butt/stomach) up properly. the layers i had from top to bottom were Soft/Medium/Firm/Firm.

I have some questions if anyone is kind enough to give their advice:

1.  Can an all latex mattress give you the sort of "even, all over" support of an innerspring mattress? Yes, there is Vzone, but its more expensive, so it seems like I could buy a basic innerspring and just add toppers for half the price of a Vzone bed from Flobeds

2. What latex firmness layers would give me a very supportive base layer with slightly "cushiony" top?

3. Some people mention adding 1" of memory foam but with all the chemicals in memory foam doesn't that defeat one advantage of natural latex being made with fewer chemicals?

4. Just how "natural" is natural latex? flobeds claims no harmful chemicals as do others, but is it really chemical free?

5. Latex is dust mite resitant, but what about mattress covers? arent they still subject to dust mites?

Thanks to any help!

Re: Can latex match the support you get from innnersprings?
Reply #4 Apr 24, 2011 7:34 PM
not trying to be nitpicky but Duxiana does not use pocket coils, they are offset springs. 
Re: Can latex match the support you get from innnersprings?
Reply #5 Apr 25, 2011 7:16 PM
Again thank you Budgy for sharing your knowledge.

Recent Posts