Bed in a Box ... looking for some clarification
Sep 16, 2007 12:25 AM
I was following the thread on the old forum and saw one I don't understand. Has some information surfaced and been posted that I have missed? I was considering one of their beds but now i am concerned about the company. Has anyone purchased form them?
This message was modified Sep 16, 2007 by midfla1
Re: Bed in a Box ... looking for some clarification
Reply #5 Dec 4, 2007 10:49 AM
I've ordered their

PacDown Plus™
11" Mattress
(with down cover)

Queen.

And it should be here tomorrow judging by the Fedex tracking number given. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

EDIT* Ship weight reads 98lbs.

This message was modified Dec 4, 2007 by Agizor
Reply #6 Dec 4, 2007 3:27 PM
Foam Nerd
Super. Someone who will actually own one! I've certainly been anxious to know just how good the best mattress in the world is. :-)
Reply #7 Dec 5, 2007 1:28 AM
Haha, me too. Will see how this turns out. Honestly... A little scared, heh... Buuuuut will see how this goes.

*crosses fingers*

I'll check back tomorrow after it arrives.

Reply #8 Dec 5, 2007 8:11 AM
FWIW, the information on their website seems to make a lot of sense.  Having owned a older high density memory foam/ cheap pu foam bed, it seems like they addressed the issues I had.
Reply #9 Dec 5, 2007 5:05 PM
Foam Nerd
Their website is outstanding, and very informative.
Reply #10 Dec 5, 2007 7:17 PM
Alright - Got it in around 2:30. Came is a pretty nice "Bed in a Box" ... well, box. :) sealed, naturally.

The 11 inch thick mattress was only about 3-4 inches when rolled up, but quickly expanded once the vacuum was broken.

First impressions? I think it feels great so far. Sadly my word isn't too much of value as this is my first memory foam mattress, though I say it feels very similar to the Tempur ones i've very breifly tried in the mall. The goose down cover is also a nice touch thus far...

I won't know for sure though till I try it tonight ;) I've heard going from a normal to foam can be a rough transition for some. Anywho, i'm happy with it so far. I'll check back later tomorrow and report the first night. :P

Also, if there is anything I should be looking for in particular that you guys are curious to know, and its something I can observe of it, let me know. *shrugs*

This message was modified Dec 5, 2007 by Agizor
Reply #11 Dec 6, 2007 9:25 AM
 Sorry for the double post  - Just my observations.

Night one - I like it, a lot. It returns to its original shape just fast enough so that if you need to turn over, you're not finding yourself crawling out of a hole (not to say others DO feel that way as I've never owned one before this). It never felt "mushy" even after being on it for a while.

Heat problems? Non existent for me. It felt warm, never hot. It was really just right for my taste. I'm relieved to know it doesn't get hot like some memory foam mattresses I have read about.

It's soft, and gives some - but at the  same time  comfortably supportive. I went from an older Sealy Post mattress and this actually feels more supportive IMO (although it could just be because the Sealy was indeed several years old).

I guess some of my surprise is going into this thinking "Am I going to sink into this thing?" No, not at all. At 170lbs I don't do very much in the 'sinking in' factor. I believe this 11inch I purchased was designed for 250lbs and over though. Over the 9 inch, I mean.

Anyway, thus far I am pretty pleased with it. I honestly can't find anything to complain about it, and I assume that if the first night is usually the toughest for people switching to memory foam, my nights are only going to get better.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask (as i'm not much of a review writer as you can tell)      = )
This message was modified Dec 6, 2007 by Agizor
Reply #12 Dec 10, 2007 2:11 PM
Update -

I seem to be getting more used to it and its getting easier to sleep on it vs night 1 and 2.

There indeed DOES seem to be a bit of a heat issue when compared to my old Sealy Post - if the room is kept cool though, it's not an issue. Apart from that little issue, i'm happy with it.
Reply #13 Apr 22, 2008 6:53 AM
I have the Queen PacDown Plus 11" w/ down cover.  I love this mattress.  Purchasing this mattress through this company was an extremely easy and positive experience.  I am a very light sleeper but since buying this mattress, I have been getting a longer and deeper more relaxing sleep; better than any spring mattress I have ever slept on. Recommended for those looking for a completely zen-night sleep.
Reply #14 May 1, 2008 1:06 AM
njk001 wrote:
I have the Queen PacDown Plus 11" w/ down cover.  I love this mattress.  Purchasing this mattress through this company was an extremely easy and positive experience.  I am a very light sleeper but since buying this mattress, I have been getting a longer and deeper more relaxing sleep; better than any spring mattress I have ever slept on. Recommended for those looking for a completely zen-night sleep.

Oh please - you are SO obvious. lol  The admins should delete you ASAP as it's obvious you are not an objective/independent party.  1st post and you sound like you're right out of a commercial with absolutely no valuable comments either for or aganist - just useless, positive drivel.

Recent Posts