Anyone knows about Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears?
May 18, 2011 5:42 PM
Hi,

I am looking for latex mattress with king size.

I found Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08256032000P) but couldn't find any review on it through online.

Is there anyone who has experience with this mattress?

Thanks, 

Kyoung

This message was modified May 19, 2011 by phynars
Re: Anyone knows about Laura Ashley latex mattress at Sears?
Reply #1 May 19, 2011 1:03 PM
I stop by sears yesterday to try the mattress. (Not Laura Ashley Grace latex, I could find another one, Laura Ashley Opal latex)

It says 100% natual talalay latex being used but there was no detail description on it.

It seem like better deal than IKEA but want to be sure if anyone has experience with this mattress.

Apparently it gave me great comfort when I tried for couple of minutes.

Thanks,

Kyoung

Reply #2 May 19, 2011 1:43 PM
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08256014000P?mv=rr

^^^ Opal information....

Neither one of these beds contain much in the way of latex foam, so I doubt that what they are using is 100% natural either.  I see lots of "soy foams", convoluted foams, and even some memory foam.

Reply #3 May 19, 2011 4:04 PM
budgy, thank you for comments.

BTW, the mattress you linked is a memory foam mattress.

Here is a latex one at http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08256020000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1.

However, the website at Sears completely misleads description which is different from prints at the store. Sears website is useless.

The specification at the store insists 100% natural talalay latex being used.

Thanks,

Kyoung

Reply #4 May 19, 2011 6:46 PM
"Conforming memory foam latex"

Memory foam latex? Fishy.

Reply #5 May 19, 2011 7:40 PM
Hi, need2sleep636,

As I said, please don't read specification on the web which misleads you.

They have memory foam version and latex version under the same name of model such as Laura Ashley Grace Latex or Laura Ashley Grace Memory Foam.

I think someone got confused when he typed the description in the Sears website.

Anyhow, no one seems like have experience with this mattress here.

good reviews at http://www.mysears.com/Laura-Ashley-Grace-Latex-Foam-CalKing-Mattress-review-a1641 and http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/furniture/msg110932469192.html?.

Thanks,

Kyoung

This message was modified May 19, 2011 by a moderator
Reply #6 May 19, 2011 8:04 PM
phynars wrote:

budgy, thank you for comments.

BTW, the mattress you linked is a memory foam mattress.

Here is a latex one at http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08256020000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1.

However, the website at Sears completely misleads description which is different from prints at the store. Sears website is useless.

The specification at the store insists 100% natural talalay latex being used.

Thanks,

Kyoung

Truth, although even the one you linked in the first post...very little latex...they also don't list even how many inches of it they are using..so its sort of hard to know if the mattress is even a good 'deal'.  I reckon that based on other prices I have seen in the US market there is better to be had at the price.  Many of the other posters on here would know better than me on this subject though.

Reply #7 May 23, 2011 2:31 PM
I post the answer from Comport Solutions by King Koil regarding to the mattress.

I hope this would help people who want to know a detail of Laura Ashley latex mattress.

Thank you for your email and interest in King Koil. Below is the information you requested:

OPAL: 
Quilt: Has Fiber on top, and 1-1/2 Foam
Mattress: Has a 6" Foam Core, with 1-1/2 Foam on top of that, followed by 1-1/2 Talalay Latex.

GRACE:
Quilt: Has Fiber on top, and 1-1/2 Foam
Mattress: Has a 6" Foam Core, with 2-1/2" Foam on top of that, followed by 2" Talalay Latex.

Kyoung

Reply #8 May 23, 2011 6:11 PM
These are very basic mattresses for that kind of dough.  Their suggested retail price is beyond ludicrous...the 'sale' price is still realistically more than what these should be selling for by perhaps a couple hundred dollars for fair retail markup.  I usually don't comment about pricing but these big retailers are notorious for this.
Reply #9 May 25, 2011 2:33 PM
Hint to mattress buyers: Look at the DO NOT REMOVE tag on any mattress you buy. It speaks the TRUTH about what is in your mattress. For example, S&F sells and "all latex" mattress but when you look at the label it says 87% latex. Of course, it is synthetic latex as well and they don't tell you that. They may even lie and tell you it's natural. But the label tells the truth about percentages of pu foam vs latex etc. To be fair, S&F actually do have one "all latex" mattress which is 97% latex. The other 3% is mostly due to the fire retardant layer.
Reply #10 Jun 28, 2011 3:25 PM
We are doing the same thing - going to all mattress stores and trying to compare what we see/feel. This Sears Opal Latex is on our short list - the listing that 'phynars' gives for construction is correct. Yes it is all latex, my nose told me so! There aren't any online reviews of it, but the reviews of latex mattresses in general sound great. I did check for returns, warrenty issues, etc. for this unit and found nothing significant. The Sears prices are pretty good over the 4th weekend and some may be available their outlets.  We found another latex by Simmons, Natural... or Nature... something which had 3 comfort levels, one being simular to the Sears unit - price about x2 Sears discounted price. We are still trying to decide between this one and a luxary coil unit, but the price of the coil unit is x4. I did have solid foam Sears unit back in the 1970s that I really liked, but finally 'upgraded' the size to king and the Select Comfort model we have sucks.

Recent Posts