8" Natural Latex Mattress (zoned) at RMM
Apr 10, 2010 12:36 AM
http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/8inchnaturallatexmattress-p-89.html

for $1389.95 (foundation extra) not a bad buy.  I know it is from Latex International and they compress it to ship and it is assembled (layers I assume) it has organic wool and cotton top.  I can't see by the picture if there is stitching, but if they make a mattress there usually is stitching.

What do you think?

Re: 8" Natural Latex Mattress (zoned) at RMM
Reply #7 Apr 10, 2010 9:00 PM
Yes, 3 years ago I bought my older daughter a new Simmons mattress as part of a bedroom renovation.  It was so cushy and comfortable!  But it wasn't long before it developed a giant, and I mean GIANT, crater in the middle where she sleeps.  I no longer have the receipt for the mattress (who knew they were making cheap crap? I assumed it would last 15 years like the Simmons mattress we had on our bed) and so I can't file a warranty claim.

So I understand your fears about buying a new mattress, believe me, I had them too.  In fact, the ONLY reason I broke down and ordered one was the fact that I had a fight with CC mattress and they came and picked it up - leaving my husband and I with NOTHING to sleep on and leaving me with a husband whose face was purple with rage.  I had to pick up the phone and do SOMETHING right then . . . so I called Flobeds with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, lol.

I don't have fibro, but I can't believe you would feel that stitching, the top is so soft.  Well . . . idk, only you can be the judge of that :)

Re: 8" Natural Latex Mattress (zoned) at RMM
Reply #8 Apr 11, 2010 1:14 AM
I hope you and your husband can laugh about your mattress situation now since you are both happy with the new mattress.  Good thing it turned out yes well.

Believe me I have tried every mattress pad out there, and the stitching caused pain.  The cuddlebed was the worst for me.  It was so highly recommended by some here too.  I guess that goes to show what bothers one person, might not bother another person.  I am happy with the wool on top mattress pad by Natura, no stitching lines.  But I know it is going to be flat in time so not sure if that would prevent me from feeling stitching lines.  I think the quilting is what bothers me most.

Recent Posts