8" Natural Latex Mattress (zoned) at RMM
Apr 10, 2010 12:36 AM
http://www.rockymountainmattress.com/8inchnaturallatexmattress-p-89.html

for $1389.95 (foundation extra) not a bad buy.  I know it is from Latex International and they compress it to ship and it is assembled (layers I assume) it has organic wool and cotton top.  I can't see by the picture if there is stitching, but if they make a mattress there usually is stitching.

What do you think?

Re: 8" Natural Latex Mattress (zoned) at RMM
Reply #1 Apr 10, 2010 2:48 AM
  1. RMM Exclusive 30 Night Risk-Free Trial
30 Night Gurantee

To ensure the complete satisfaction of every customer, we are proud to offer a risk-free 30-night trial on all of our mattresses. The trial period offer is simple — choose your preferred mattress and enjoy up to 30 nights to sleep on the system. If for any reason you decide the mattress is not right for you, simply return it in its original condition for a full refund — no questions asked!

Reply #2 Apr 10, 2010 2:50 AM
Do you think 30 days is enough time?  I was glad to read that at least.

This does say smooth top, so this really does interest me now.  I just need to know what ILD it is.

Reply #3 Apr 10, 2010 9:53 AM
Here are my thoughts:

1) It only says the 2" top is Talalay latex - not the core.  I wouldn't be surprised if the core isn't Dunlop (meaning probably not from LI).  This may or may not be an issue for you.

2) There are few choices in firmness levels.

3) There is no exchange policy for the layers that I could see - you should investigate this before making a decision.

4) If you don't like it, return shipping might be a hassle, but then again, might not be.

5) One of the other members here recently bought a topper from RMM and received a defective piece of latex, plus terrible customer service.

6) Price looks pretty good for a queen.

7) I'm still taken by the Sam's Club latex mattress, and I'm thinking about springing for the 100% natural one, even though it is Dunlop.

Reply #4 Apr 10, 2010 4:32 PM
KimberlyH wrote:

Here are my thoughts:

1) It only says the 2" top is Talalay latex - not the core.  I wouldn't be surprised if the core isn't Dunlop (meaning probably not from LI).  This may or may not be an issue for you.

2) There are few choices in firmness levels.

3) There is no exchange policy for the layers that I could see - you should investigate this before making a decision.

4) If you don't like it, return shipping might be a hassle, but then again, might not be.

5) One of the other members here recently bought a topper from RMM and received a defective piece of latex, plus terrible customer service.

6) Price looks pretty good for a queen.

7) I'm still taken by the Sam's Club latex mattress, and I'm thinking about springing for the 100% natural one, even though it is Dunlop.

Kimberly,

I think you may be right, I wish descriptions were more accurate, i.e. say Dunlop if it is Dunlop, not Natural.

I think if I keep researching I will keep coming back to the same answer, do nothing!  Keep having hip pain and waking up every hour.  Sleep on your back for 3-5 hours sleep.  I have mattress fear syndrome, is it any wonder why?

After reading about your fiasco with CC I don't think I want to go with a ready made mattress.  I think I will go back to thinking about building my own, or Flobeds......  UGH!

Reply #5 Apr 10, 2010 5:51 PM
Honestly Leo, I was afraid of making an internet purchase, but I could not be happier with my Flobed.  They may be more expensive, but there is no question in my mind that the extremely liberal return and exchange policy, along with the unparalleled customer service, make the cost worth every penny.

Now for my daughter I'm going with something a little less expensive, but she is not old and achy like me :)

Reply #6 Apr 10, 2010 7:02 PM
Kimberly, I think I am just plain petrified of ordering a mattress.  Unlike you I didn't get my money back on various crummy lousy mattresses.  Like most people I kept thinking well it must be me making the wrong choice.

Until I found this forum a year ago I didn't realize it realize was a case of manufacturer's using crummy PU foam, and non-flippable mattresses, and yes crummy memory foam that broke down in 6 months.  I stand by that statement (okay opinion), it does break down.

I think I will wait til you order a Sam's Club Latexco organic latex mattress to see what you think.  Also I am still to chicken to decide.  I will also have to have the incentive of a sale at Flobeds. I know I won't like the stitching on the cover, I just know it, I have never been able to tolerate that.  Maybe I have fibromyalgia, who knows, I just know it bothers me.  But at least I have the Natura wool topper to cover stitching now, that helps somewhat.

Yes your daughter is young and can handle mattresses better than a more mature adult wink body.  Dunlop has the history of Sears mattresses. People loved those.

This message was modified Apr 10, 2010 by Leo3
Reply #7 Apr 10, 2010 9:00 PM
Yes, 3 years ago I bought my older daughter a new Simmons mattress as part of a bedroom renovation.  It was so cushy and comfortable!  But it wasn't long before it developed a giant, and I mean GIANT, crater in the middle where she sleeps.  I no longer have the receipt for the mattress (who knew they were making cheap crap? I assumed it would last 15 years like the Simmons mattress we had on our bed) and so I can't file a warranty claim.

So I understand your fears about buying a new mattress, believe me, I had them too.  In fact, the ONLY reason I broke down and ordered one was the fact that I had a fight with CC mattress and they came and picked it up - leaving my husband and I with NOTHING to sleep on and leaving me with a husband whose face was purple with rage.  I had to pick up the phone and do SOMETHING right then . . . so I called Flobeds with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, lol.

I don't have fibro, but I can't believe you would feel that stitching, the top is so soft.  Well . . . idk, only you can be the judge of that :)

Reply #8 Apr 11, 2010 1:14 AM
I hope you and your husband can laugh about your mattress situation now since you are both happy with the new mattress.  Good thing it turned out yes well.

Believe me I have tried every mattress pad out there, and the stitching caused pain.  The cuddlebed was the worst for me.  It was so highly recommended by some here too.  I guess that goes to show what bothers one person, might not bother another person.  I am happy with the wool on top mattress pad by Natura, no stitching lines.  But I know it is going to be flat in time so not sure if that would prevent me from feeling stitching lines.  I think the quilting is what bothers me most.

Recent Posts