Natura mattress
Apr 9, 2010 3:40 PM
http://www.naturaworld.com/catalog/mattresses/organic/eco-brilliance

I like that the quilting isn't as tight as some mattresses.  I also like all the wool on top and the 4" latex top is removable.  It is organic.  I wondered if anyone has this mattress.

Budgy what do you think of it?  Also who manufactures the latex Budgy do you know?  Why don't they say what firmness or ILD Budgy?

This message was modified Apr 9, 2010 by Leo3
Re: Natura mattress
Reply #2 Apr 9, 2010 4:07 PM
Next question do they ever have a sale on these things?  Sears doesn't seem too, they were pretty steep price on the Brillance model, but perhaps it was the adjustable model.
Reply #3 Apr 9, 2010 4:17 PM
The first one the Eco Brilliance is one model that I carry, it is actually a fairly firm supportive mattress, a lot of people over 200lbs seem to love it.  The latex in that one I am sure all comes from Latex Green, all Dunlop. 

The other one the Transcend I actually haven't tried....but yeah there are slats in the mattress taking up about 4" of the height.  Id actually say because they are meant to be very flexible I would be surprised if you could feel them directly.   It may be hard to get a very significant discount on the brand in general, but if there was a smaller retailer near you I am sure they can do something to bring the cost down to a more reasonable level. 

Reply #4 Apr 9, 2010 9:21 PM
Thanks Budgy, I didn't realize it was Dunlop latex.  Is Latex Green a good safe latex?  I don't think US makes Dunlop anymore?  Maybe Latexco does.....  Not sure where Latex Green is made.

Does Natura make a Natural Talalay mattress?  Do they tell you what ILD's the latex mattresses are?

Reply #5 Apr 9, 2010 9:49 PM
The Natural Dunlop they use is all made by Latex Green in Sri Lanka, its good stuff, Eco Institut certified.  In some of their softer models like the Eco Haven they use a 2" Natural Talalay piece from Latex International.  Unfortunately I don't really have completely up to date ILD specs, the ones I have are from a while back and Natura has had to change rubber suppliers a couple of times, they used to have all of it made by DunloPillo (dunlop and talalay process). 

LatexCO makes natural dunlop yes, although I don't know if they have any real certification on this, I have noticed a lot of companies are labelling 80/20 latex as all natural which is a bit of a stretch.  Also while I don't think all blended latex is bad, there is something about blending latex and using the Dunlop method that just doesn't make any sense, I don't see how it could be all that consistent.

Recent Posts