My sleepies never ending nightmare...please help...
Sep 26, 2012 7:21 PM
I recently purchased a Dr. Breus mattress, what a joke. It was a floor model, I needed a mattress asap and they only had 3 in stock. I was told i was buying a $3,000 bed which I was only being charged $1,100 for.      I lasted 3 nights on that bed. I tried to return it but they wouldnt take it back because it was a floor model. They gave me a $400 credit only because I put up a fight and told them I was going to buy a more expensive bed somewhere else. Which leads me to my next purchase, the "Serta Perfect Sleeper Pillow Top". Which I payed $1,300 for. The bed started to sag whithin 3 weeks. I called sleepies and complained so they sent out an inspector to measure the dip. I was told it needed to be 1 1/2" but it was only an 1 1/4". The "inspector" told me i would have to wait 6 more weeks before she could measure it again. She came today and measured it at 1 3/8" and told me that if I wanted it measured again I would have to wait another 6 weeks. She also told me my "brand new" boxspring which I purchased with my $1,300 mattress ALSO had a dip in it. My back and shoulders are killing me,my girlfriend can't sleep, and I'm in general just disgusted with this company.

So heres my question- should I wait another 6-8 weeks to have this "inspector" come measure my dip again and continue on with this miserable process to get a refund from them, should I try to solve the problem on my own by purchasing a latex topper to put on top of the pillow top, or should I do mattress surgery and hope that I can fix this. I'm at my witts end and I'll appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can offer.    

Re: My sleepies never ending nightmare...please help...
Reply #1 Sep 26, 2012 9:09 PM
bigpauly33 wrote:

So heres my question- should I wait another 6-8 weeks to have this "inspector" come measure my dip again and continue on with this miserable process to get a refund from them, should I try to solve the problem on my own by purchasing a latex topper to put on top of the pillow top, or should I do mattress surgery and hope that I can fix this. I'm at my witts end and I'll appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can offer.    

Jog 20 minutes on their mattress every day to get a work out and eventually a refund.

Buy a new mattress now elsewhere to get some sleep.

Don't try to fix it... not your problem.  Also, Latex needs to go over a flat surface since that surface will translate right through the Latex.  The dip in your box springs puts a dip in your mattress and would put a dip in a Latex topper.

You could try your mattress on the floor... it might sleep a bit better.

GK

Reply #2 Sep 26, 2012 10:10 PM
The box spring when the inspector measured it only had a 1/4 inch dip. I will try to put it on the floor. Thanks
Reply #3 Sep 27, 2012 12:06 PM
The Serta perfect sleeper looks great but does not offer any support.  What you are looking for in a mattress is "support and alignment".  If you have the "hammock effect" and your lower back is below your head then your back will hurt from the weight.  When trying out a mattress you should ask yourself if you are aligned and supported.  If you would have had that in mind when you purchased the Perfect Sleeper you never would have gotten it.  There are over 300 mattress manufacturers in the USA.  You can probably only name about 5 of them.  Just because you can name the brand does not make it a better mattress.  As a matter of fact it makes it more expensive.  You should check alternatives by searching online for mattress stores in your area.  If you visit 3 of them (not the large national stores) you are bound to find a good product and knowledgeable help.  At that point you will be able to make a good and logical decision.  You will see that mattresses have improved over the past few years beyond the spring styles.  You should be able to get a top quality mattress and box set for well under $2,000 with no problem but it will take a little effort and be worth the trouble.
Reply #4 Sep 28, 2012 1:22 PM
Putting a topper on an indented pillowtop will do nothing. Toppers only help if the bed is too firm and not sagging. Avoid all pillowtops and eurotops. No matter how much you pay the result will be the one you're experiencing now.

If you can't get a non-pillowtop exchange on this new bed, then mattress surgery might be your only other option.

Reply #5 Sep 28, 2012 9:38 PM
Hello..  You poor thing.. you were definetly taken, floor model etc.. did they even explain the warranty issue in the event what happened to you happened?   If you remember one thing on any of these posts please remember what I am telling you.. Never ever buy a pillow top.. that is all you bought was that pillow on top of that mattress.. once they condense it's over.  Forget toppers they will not solve the problem.   I cannot believe the inspector didn't give you the edge being you were so close in the dip, pretty petty if you ask me.   I would follow the advice of the other poster here who told you to start jumping on your mattress and perhaps you could start folding the mattress in vertically until you get the dip you need.. that should do it.  What they really told you is that every six to eight weeks your mattress will continue to sag.. isn't that something to look forward too..  I hate this industry..good luck my friend but never give up..!!!
Reply #6 Sep 29, 2012 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I am never going to quit with this. The bed is on the floor and seems to be a little better.I am going to try to get a new box spring out of them for now. Of course I have to wait 10 days before the inspector hands in her report. Meanwhile I will just continue to Suffer. Thanks again
Reply #7 Sep 29, 2012 11:18 AM
One more thing Big..  make sure you have re-inforced what your box spring sits on to prevent any sagging in future box springs.. this is so important on king beds especially.. The weight of some of these big beds will be a sure failure on boxes that are usually made of nothing to begin with..(talk about cheap stuff)..so re-inforce with bracing across 4 different areas and you will see a big difference.. again Good luck..

Recent Posts