Looking for latex topper (possibly Dunlop?)
Sep 20, 2008 9:54 AM
Hello!

We need to buy an additional bed and decided to upsize ours to a king. We had planned on saving up for a latex mattress which is what our current one is (and we LOVE it!). But we walked into a closeout store Thursday and found a brand new, perfect Sealy Sedona Springs King mattress for $499. They had a 50% off sale going on and the the manager decided to give us a little extra off so it ended up being $199. We couldn't pass it up at that price!

Last night was our first night on it. So far, it's great. It's a little firmer than we're used to with the latex so I'm giving some thought to buying a latex topper for it. I'm wondering where the best buys are for these right now? I'm considering going with a Dunlop topper and would be curious as to your thoughts on how it would feel. Our latex mattress consists of two 35(+/-) ild Talalay layers with a 28(+/-) ild layer on the top. All layers are 3". I may consider going a little softer on the topper for our new bed but again would be interested in your input. I'm open to any of the latex toppers including IKEA.

Any thoughts you have would be super welcome. Thanks so much in advance!

All the best!
Rae
Re: Looking for latex topper (possibly Dunlop?)
Reply #1 Sep 20, 2008 2:46 PM
Varaonaid,

I know people must think I work for IKEA, actually I am self-employed, but I did buy a latex Tolg topper from them a month ago and it was heavenly for three nights. I slept right through the night not waking, not turning as much ... I am a back and side sleeper and found it quite comfortable to sleep on after placing it on a 10 year old Simmons Beauty Rest which had been canoeing a little. Still had the canoeing effect but it was COMFORTABLE. It was soft ... and it made the Hasselback bed at IKEA ... which is individual pocket coil and quite firm ... bearable.

Then my wife and I tried the Tolg with the Erfjord and she started to giggle and said "Oh, yeah ..." so that was it. Firm but has give and craddles the body on the side, and back.

Just paid off other debts and ready to buy that topper again ... before I buy the Sultan Erfjord as well ... gotta find some slats and definitely a bed frame with low foot board profile as I am 6'5".

Hope this helps.

Jazzsinger
Reply #2 Sep 21, 2008 12:41 AM
Just a further note ....

I bought a King Latex Tolg tonight and the darn thing was 5" too shourt and 4" not wide enough ... this was the second one like this .... a representative told me that they pulled the wrong sizes from their shelves and apparently they HADN'T.

Needless to say, I thoroughly frustrated with IKEA ... I need to find another latex topper solution ... any ideas anyone?
Reply #3 Sep 21, 2008 5:15 AM
foambymail.com . But $199 for a king mattress???? Sounds like one of those promotional grade jobbies. Don't expect it to last very long.
Reply #4 Sep 22, 2008 12:04 AM
Thanks, I will look into it!

I am quite tired of this bed/mattress shopping and would like it to end.

Soon.

Good night.

Recent Posts