Help .. Need to Confirm that a good Traditional Box Spring Won't Damage an all latex Mattress
Aug 12, 2011 11:49 PM
For now I'd like to know that no one has ever seen a good standard foundation hurt an all latex mattress / base core layer,  Thanks!

My 1 day old SleepEZ 10000 twin XL is sitting on a Serta StabL base (the foundation they use with most mattresses including the PU core latex Wangs).   I could put temporary slats across the box spring.

SleepEZ site and Shawn said a regular 'box spring'? foundation in good condition can be used with the latex.  Habitat Furn says that also.

I know the 'hot' setup with Savvy Rest, Flobeds, Habitat Furnishings, SleepEZ, FSF and more all recommend platform foundations with slats.

Still, I'm trippin though.  Was at Sleep Train.  The gal there says all foam mattresses should go on solid board foundations (like Tempurpedic).  I think she's off though, because Tempurpedics have side ventiation whereas latex ventilates down through the pincore holes.

Anyhoo, I wanna get a proper foundation after I say, yes, this latex mattress is a keeper. 

This message was modified Aug 13, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Help .. Need to Confirm that a good Traditional Box Spring Won't Damage an all latex Mattress
Reply #1 Aug 13, 2011 12:18 PM
Check out www.naturaworld.com see if there is a dealer near you, their boxsprings are a solid wood slatted base, very heavy much stronger and better ventilation than a normal boxspring, and they should be relatively cheap, maybe 2~300.  
Re: Help .. Need to Confirm that a good Traditional Box Spring Won't Damage an all latex Mattress
Reply #2 Aug 13, 2011 3:28 PM
budgy wrote:

Check out www.naturaworld.com see if there is a dealer near you, their boxsprings are a solid wood slatted base, very heavy much stronger and better ventilation than a normal boxspring, and they should be relatively cheap, maybe 2~300.  

thx, had a quick look at Natura, didn't see foundatons talked about.  We have a store in Pleasanton, but they're a no refund type place.  Called SleepEZ, ordered up their wood foundation.  Price little easier - $190 for twin XL.

Recent Posts