Hastens Marquis or Carpe Diem Koster?
Jun 23, 2011 2:36 PM
Hi all,

I've just moved to Denmark from abroad, and I'll stay here for at least 3 or 4 years. I'm shopping for a mattress. Understandably, I don't wanna spend too much since I might throw away the bed afterwards in case I return back to the US.

Low end Hastens (Marquis) or Carpe Diem (Koster) models are within my budget in 140x200 cm size. I could compromise a bit sleeping space and get a superior one (Excel II / Malo). I could also look for high end models from a bit more affordable brands like Jensen or Wonderland.

Besides, there's an alternative product line from Carpe Diem which has some less expensive models only sold here (Kattegatt). That's also an option. I don't know the real difference between this one and the one sold in the US and around the world, though:

http://www.carpediembeds.com/bedden/sortiment

What would you do? Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Re: Hastens Marquis or Carpe Diem Koster?
Reply #1 Jun 23, 2011 3:18 PM
After muddling my way through google translated dutch, I see no apparent difference other than appearance between the entry level Carpe Diem and the Kattegatt line they offer.  I would advice you to select which is most comfortable, there are pro's and con's to both.  The Hastens bed will likely breathe better and certainly has a real pedigree to the brand although I don't place much importance on such things.  The Carpe Diem bed will require less maintenance than the Hastens and will likely hold its shape a little bit better because they are using natural rubber instead of horse hair.  Both are very high quality elastic fillings that can last a long time and are very functional.

Recent Posts