Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Aug 8, 2011 7:27 PM
2 days short of 4 weeks sleeping on the Serta iComfort Revolution, I'm positive it won't work out - too soft, hips,butt sink in too much, not good for back or neck.  Tried the firmer Genius, but now, I'm not so impressed with memory foam as I am with latex.  First tried latex at a local organic mattress store and was really liking the feel.

Been looking at all the vendors of layered latex mattresses.  I like SleepEZ's 'easier' prices and policies and Shawn was very nice on the two prior phone calls.  So I'm rolling with his recommendation, a blended talalay 10000 in SMF.  I'm hoping for a great mattress so I can write some 5 star reviews for a change.

This message was modified Aug 8, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Got a SleepEZ 10000 coming my way
Reply #28 Aug 21, 2011 4:15 PM
slpngoc,

Sorry to hear this! I wonder if this was our issue with the latex? We only have like 8" of latex on the wood foundation which really had no give at all! Sadly, at this point I am not about to try all that again. Rolling those latex layers back up into the boxes for return was less than thrilling. And one of the funnier things I've ever done too.

Do you still have your other box springs? can you go back to that and see if it's better?

I went mattress hunting again for a little while yesterday and I did really like the Tempurpedic Deluxe. Seems like a nice medium to firm. Not so soft and sinking as the Cloud models, but not as hard as the Advantage and Original. Somewhere in the middle. Nicely conforming, but not too much sinking. Trying to get my husband over to see one.

Good luck with this! Keep us posted.

Reply #29 Aug 21, 2011 5:57 PM
Dallasgirl wrote:

slpngoc,

Sorry to hear this! I wonder if this was our issue with the latex? We only have like 8" of latex on the wood foundation which really had no give at all! Sadly, at this point I am not about to try all that again. Rolling those latex layers back up into the boxes for return was less than thrilling. And one of the funnier things I've ever done too.

Do you still have your other box springs? can you go back to that and see if it's better?

I went mattress hunting again for a little while yesterday and I did really like the Tempurpedic Deluxe. Seems like a nice medium to firm. Not so soft and sinking as the Cloud models, but not as hard as the Advantage and Original. Somewhere in the middle. Nicely conforming, but not too much sinking. Trying to get my husband over to see one.

Good luck with this! Keep us posted.

I still have the serta foundation.  Tonight going to try the iComfort on the stiff slatted foundation.

Your stores may not have the Tempurpedic Contour Select out yet, but I would recommend that.  The Contour Signature is even thicker and a bit much for my taste.  The base Contour is pretty thin, only 8" height.

The Contour Select hits a nice medium at 10" mattress height with about 4" memory foam.  That foam is fairly slow acting, but it conforms well and relieves pressure quite well.   I know the twinXL set is $1850, so I guess a king would be about $2,500 which is not too awfully bad.

Reply #31 Aug 22, 2011 3:28 PM
Dallasgirl wrote:

Thanks! You are pretty much right on the money! King mattress is $2300 / set is $2800.

I believe the Contour Select is the same as what had been the Deluxe. Is that correct?

Any thoughts on inclining the box spring? http://www.amazon.com/Incline-Box-Spring-Reflux-Remedy/dp/B004XUMWBI/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

Deluxe bed which is discontinued had the dual air flow system.  Contour Select only has single air flow system like Advantage Bed has (had?).

Don't kow about inlcine box spring.

Reply #32 Aug 22, 2011 3:35 PM
Ah wow, so I promptly pulled up the slatted wooden foundation this morning.  It had pine slats a little less than 3" apart.  Man that thing was putting extra pressure into my shoulder blade and shoulder.  I even had the icomfort Rev. on it last night and still felt bunch of extra pressure into both shoulders.    SleepEZ is being cool and crediting the cost back.  They said don't worry about shipping it back, so hopefully I can give it away to someone who needs it.

Reply #33 Aug 22, 2011 4:22 PM
slpngoc wrote:

Ah wow, so I promptly pulled up the slatted wooden foundation this morning.  It had pine slats a little less than 3" apart.  Man that thing was putting extra pressure into my shoulder blade and shoulder.  I even had the icomfort Rev. on it last night and still felt bunch of extra pressure into both shoulders.    SleepEZ is being cool and crediting the cost back.  They said don't worry about shipping it back, so hopefully I can give it away to someone who needs it.

what about the flobeds euro slat foundation?   http://www.flobeds.com/product_details.htm?ID=7037EK   so do you still have your sleepez 10000?     

Reply #34 Aug 22, 2011 9:47 PM
Iris wrote:

Iris,

Don't think I'll go with a euro slat foundation.  I'm looking for a slightly used Stearns and Foster twin XL box.  They are built better than the Serta and Beautyrest boxes.

I still have the SleepEZ 10000 and it feel pretty good on the Serta iComfort box, but the box is a little tweaked.  I'd just like a more solid box with a little spring to it.  I'll find it.

As for the 10000, I'm in pretty good shape with it.  It's a wee on the firm side, so I can just try some toppers, or not.  It's going ok.  Things just went south for a couple days on that slatted wood foundation, eeeeek.

Reply #35 Aug 24, 2011 3:00 AM
To the contrary, I am going to look at Euro slat bed bases / foundations.  Seems to make the most sense at this point.

I can't see using an ordinary semi flex box spring which is just a grid of rods at the foundation surface.  Latex is much too soft to be supported by thin rods.

This message was modified Aug 24, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #36 Aug 26, 2011 3:26 PM
Ok, so I assembled the Ikea Sultan Laxeby 'euro slat' bed base last night ($80) for twin.  Has adjustable hip and shoulder firmness which seem to work in trying it out.  It's laying on the metal bed frame at the moment.  The bed base will fit onto the twin XL wood foundation, with mods to the foundation.   Need to test it out a little more before modding the foundation.

As for the latex bed, it is going quite well even on the lamo Serta Stabl base foundation which sags in the middle because there's an 8" gap between vertical support rods, right where hips would go.

Reply #37 Sep 2, 2011 2:20 PM
I gave it a few days sleeping on the Ikea euro slat bed base underneath the SleepEZ latex mattress.  Unfortunately it didn't work out.  The euro slats did firm up the feel of the mattress which is not what I wanted.  Seemed like the mattress had a more 'dead' feel on the euro slats.  I thought maybe the mattress couldn't breathe as well, but I don't really know.  It just had more pushback in critical areas like my shoulder.  I adjusted the sliders to almot full soft and was still too firm.  Ah well, little money down the drain.  I trashed the euro slats.

So, I bought a Stearns and Foster box spring.  Yeah, it's a wire frame box spring, but the vertical support rods are evenly spaced and I don't think the box spring will sag.

So, I'll give a month on this setup and then do a mattress review.

Recent Posts