Creative Ideas For Making A Frame Needed
Aug 14, 2010 9:03 PM
I finally decided to ditch that stupid, noisy, cheap metal frame I got for my SleepEz 10,000 (twin XL). I bought that because I thought needed something right away. Twin XL beds are harder to come by, at least at the local retail stores. This metal frame was actually made for full/queen.

I think this frame, coupled with the 3 part foundation I also bought from SleepEz, has played a large in causing optimum sleep performance. I don't think there was enough support, and I think the whole shebang might have been dipping in the middle. So, I removed the frame a couple days ago and have the foundation on the floor. I seem to be sleeping better, am less sore and not waking up from all that racket every time I turn over.

I don't want to keep it on the floor. It's too low, too easy for the dog to get onto, etc..., etc...  Until I find the right frame for my bed, I want to do something to raise it up some. I need ideas for a safe, sturdy, cheap, not too ugly temporary solution. I am considering fabric-wrapped cinder clocks, bed legs (not exactly cheap & how many should I use and where exactly should they go on a three piece foundation?), wood blocks. 

Anyone have any other ideas? Or good reasons why I shouldn't do any of the above?

This message was modified Aug 14, 2010 by cynicaljones
Re: Creative Ideas For Making A Frame Needed
Reply #1 Aug 14, 2010 10:34 PM
Can you give a link to the metal frame you were using?  There are some foldable ones on Amazon, with the manufacturer touting they are noise-free... wondering if it's the same model.
Reply #2 Aug 14, 2010 11:57 PM
Do you have an Ikea nearby?  Here's a link for one of their foundations:  http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50197650

Legs would add about another $20.00 (I'm Canadian so I'm not sure about US pricing).  It has slats, not springs, so would give very firm support for your mattress.

Oops, cancel this suggestion.  I just remembered you said you already have a foundation.

This message was modified Aug 15, 2010 by DianeK
Reply #3 Aug 15, 2010 12:04 AM
It's just a standard metal frame with roller feet. I got the full/queen size because I was told that the extra 5 inches of my twin xl bed wood cause unbalance and make a cantilever weapon if anyone sat on the foot end of the bed.

I have a foundation, it's the one I bought with the mattress from SleepEZ. The problem is that it is 3 pieces bolted together. I don't know for sure but I suspect that the frame was not supportive enough and was possibly causing the foundation to flex at the bolts. I don't want to spend the money on another foundation and I don't want to make a quick decision on a bed frame. So, looking for a quick, cheap, easy solution.

Reply #4 Aug 17, 2010 1:53 AM
Does anyone have any experience with these legs? Sleep Solutions Bedlegs

I'd probably go for the 10 inchers for maximum underbed space. And although the bed is a Twin XL, I think I'd get the queen set over the twin, because it has 9 legs instead of 6. Because of the way the foundation is made (3 sections), I think the more support accros the thing, the better.

Reply #5 Aug 17, 2010 9:08 PM
Another dumb question... Is it OK to use a foundation with a platform bed? I don't see why not, but the pictures I see online show the mattresses directly on the platform.

Recent Posts