Creative Ideas For Making A Frame Needed
Aug 14, 2010 9:03 PM
I finally decided to ditch that stupid, noisy, cheap metal frame I got for my SleepEz 10,000 (twin XL). I bought that because I thought needed something right away. Twin XL beds are harder to come by, at least at the local retail stores. This metal frame was actually made for full/queen.

I think this frame, coupled with the 3 part foundation I also bought from SleepEz, has played a large in causing optimum sleep performance. I don't think there was enough support, and I think the whole shebang might have been dipping in the middle. So, I removed the frame a couple days ago and have the foundation on the floor. I seem to be sleeping better, am less sore and not waking up from all that racket every time I turn over.

I don't want to keep it on the floor. It's too low, too easy for the dog to get onto, etc..., etc...  Until I find the right frame for my bed, I want to do something to raise it up some. I need ideas for a safe, sturdy, cheap, not too ugly temporary solution. I am considering fabric-wrapped cinder clocks, bed legs (not exactly cheap & how many should I use and where exactly should they go on a three piece foundation?), wood blocks. 

Anyone have any other ideas? Or good reasons why I shouldn't do any of the above?

This message was modified Aug 14, 2010 by cynicaljones

Recent Posts