Are there any Organic hybrid mattresses that feel similar to Comforpedic and are adjustable base compatible? Is the mattresses made by Green Sleep Vimala) such a bed?
Aug 29, 2011 7:13 PM
Comforpedic states on their web site that their polyurethane foam has:  low emission VOCs, made without PBDEs, made without mercury lead or heavy metals, is formaldehide free, and made without prohibited phthalates.  Does this mean it's not toxic, will not off gas harmful chemicals, and will not make the chemically sensitive sick...like many poly foams did in the early to mid 2000's?   I read all kinds of past issues and health warnings about how poly foam can make people sick.  Is this still a concern?  Don't want headaches, asthma issues, etc...

Don't see too many complaints of the poly foam in the Comforpedics breaking down or having off gasing issues.  Right?

Would like to go all natural and organic but I like the feel of the Comforpedic hybrid latex/poly foam mattress or a high quality latex/spring mattress. I like a supportive yet a plush bed without the mushy feeling of traditional memory foam, nor the super dead (Dunlop) nor bouncy versions (Talalay) of pure latex. All latex or all memory foam doesn't seem as comfortable. 

Any natural beds that sleep similar to a comforpedic Mystic or Fiji which seem to feel supportive yet fairly plush that's closer in feel to a high end spring mattress or spring/latex mattress that can work with an adjustable foundation?  

Does the mattress made by Green Sleep (Vimala) fit my above description?  Or maybe a high quality latex mattress (medium density)  with a topper, such as a Suite Sleep Vesta 4 natural wool/latex topper to add some comfort and reduce the springy feeling of a pure latex mattress?

Thanks.

This message was modified Aug 30, 2011 by Adjbed2525
Re: Comforpedic polyurethane foam question...and are there any Organic latex or Organic hybrid latex/memory foam beds that feel similar to Comforpedic?
Reply #1 Aug 29, 2011 8:55 PM
Regardless of what they say about the foam not containing, it is either made out of TDI or MDI, and some petroleum based alchohols...this is what polyurethanes are made out of.  These chemicals do off gas, they are classified as VOC's.
Re: Comforpedic polyurethane foam question...and are there any Organic latex or Organic hybrid latex/memory foam beds that feel similar to Comforpedic?
Reply #2 Aug 29, 2011 8:59 PM
To be fair...there are also no organic beds that will feel like the comforpedic.  Just completely different materials being used. 

Recent Posts