Would you pay extra for a "good" deal?
Jun 15, 2008 2:30 AM
After buying a memory foam mattress last week from Costco only to discover that I and my wife hate it (too soft), I am now furiously trying to find another bed.

After considerable research and going to a half-dozen stores, I have settled on a Latex bed. Initially I had liked Dormia (Sonora and Ultimate) but have been concerned about their rep (lots of complaints with the BBB) and finally decided to go with Natura - specifically the Solace mattress ($1,970 - queen) by itself.

One store that I happened to visit had a floor model  - the Natura Solace mattress in a queen size (just what I want) - in a dual-adjustable frame. So the Solace is split at the top. The frame itself looks like a "Justabed" foundation (http://www.flobeds.com/product_details.htm?ID=7033DK). It's what Natura calls a split-top Solace on top of a Naturaflex base. The list price on this arrangement seems to be around $4,910. They were offering to close it out for $2,599 to make room for new models. So the obvious first question would be - is this a good deal - yeah, something never to ask I know.

So, I was all set to get this clearance one since 1) I liked the Solace mattress, 2) for $600 or so more I would get an adjustable bed similiar to the Justabed on FloBeds. I was considering getting a nice "Euro-style" foundation anyhow. it appears to be an adjustable bed on a similiar "Euro-style" slat foundation as can be found on FloBeds.

All set to do that and then I stumbled across SleepEZ and the whole idea of building your own bed for what appears to be a considerable savings. $1,553 for natural Talalay for their Select Sleep 10,000 model.

I like the idea of saving money and the adjustable bed is simly a nice-to-have but should I go for an unknown versus a mattress I've tried and liked (the Solace) simply because I could save some money?

Anyone else like the Solace or would they build their own (SleepEZ or Flobeds)?

Cheers

Jeff

Recent Posts