Whats in my mattress that it gives me Nightmares its Sooo Hot
Jan 24, 2011 10:52 PM
 Ok so I have a  mattress that literally gives me nightmares,  I purchased it around 3 years ago for over $2,000 (in Australia ) for just the mattress , for the last 2 years of its life i have been sleeping on it upside down as the top is just a furnace to sleep on . We live in North Queensland so our Air con is always cranked up, I always use pure cotton mattress protector and sheets , also tried using one of magnetic pure wool underblankets, but the heat raged through everything so turned it upside down and slept on the bottom.  I always thought it was the latex that was the problem , but after deciding to bite the bullet and buy a new bed decided to find out just exactly what was in my discontinued mattress ,  apparently has  the cover , 400g wool and poly blend ( i tried to find out what % wool and what poly but the first time i asked i thought they said 10% wool and the second time i tried to clarify i was told 10% poly .. BIG difference any idea which would be right? ) then 30ml foam, then 3 inches of latex.  The Big suprise to me was that the Bottom of the mattress is made up of a 6 inch block of Pure Latex.  Seeing as we have been sleeping on the bottom , ( with a magnetic wool underlay and a cotton mattress protector) and we have not been sleeping hot its  obviously not the Latex thats making us hot.  I tried turning the mattress back onto its pillow top and sleeping on that for the last 2 nights after 2 years of sleeping on the bottom of it .  But Still HORRIBLE its sooo hot that i had the worst nightmares  for two nights in a row so will be flipping it back over tonight.  Have  previously owned a double sided pillow top , which i loved and was not hot at all, but was damaged by water.  So surely it cant be all pillow tops that get hot ? i really need a mattress thats not to firm as i am a side sleeper and my hips really hurt on to firm a mattresses.  I have been researching and asking mr google for days now trying to understand what new mattress i should buy.  I prefer natural materials as i suffer from eczema , so love cotton and silk .. and hate polyester grrr.  After all my googling it seems that maybe a flexgel bed with aero flex or something similar , but they are very expensive here in Australia , they seem to be about double the price of American mattresses , and they still sound weird, also  maybe because i am sensitive to non natural things i would even end up hot in one of those.   Any Help PLEase am Desperate not to make a mistake this time :( 

and why  is the above mentioned mattress  soooooo hot , which of the fillings would be causing it?
Maz
This message was modified Jan 24, 2011 by ru2on

Recent Posts