what to do with unused latex layer
Feb 6, 2008 7:04 PM
I have an unused, queen, split, extra firm (44 ILD), 100% Talalay latex layer from sleepez. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to sell this layer as it's a bit of a specialty item :)
Re: what to do with unused latex layer
Reply #1 Feb 6, 2008 8:22 PM
craigslist . . Kijiji . . some TV stations have free classifieds on their website.
Reply #2 Feb 6, 2008 11:13 PM
How did you get an extra layer? Did you have to buy a softer layer and could not return this layer for a refund?  If this is the case I have a feeing you will be able to sell it since a 44 ILD Talalay Latex layer is a valuable latex layer since not many places sell 44 ILD.  Also maybe someone else that reads your local craigs list has a SleepEZ bed with split latex cores and already did their one latex exchange and really wished they had a firmer layer of latex on their side of the bed.  Craig's list is a good place to post in your local area.  Also you need to mention it is blended. I have two 44 ILD blended Talalay latex cores on each side of my bed and I do not understand how anyone can sleep without one of each on the bed to make the bed have a very firm foundation. But of course I prefer very firm beds.   Also maybe you can call SleepEz and ask them if there was anyone who had wanted a firmer latex core but already did their one latex exchange and who lives near you?
Reply #3 Feb 7, 2008 11:40 PM
fiberoptic wrote:
I have an unused, queen, split, extra firm (44 ILD), 100% Talalay latex layer from sleepez. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to sell this layer as it's a bit of a specialty item :)

What would be your asking price?

Jeff
Reply #4 Feb 8, 2008 5:37 AM
sager66 wrote:
craigslist . . Kijiji . . some TV stations have free classifieds on their website.

Craigslist is a hunting ground for scammers. When it became evident that I couldn't sleep on a Talalay mattress I tried selling it on Craigslist. I had about 12 interested parties--all from scammers, who would happily send me a certified check (worthless) and then have their "movers" come and pick up my mattress--sight unseen--once I'd cashed that check. One even told he he'd give me an extra $50 if I withdrew my listing. Unbelievable! I don't recommend Craigslist for anything other than a good laugh.
This message was modified Feb 8, 2008 by cloud9
Reply #5 Feb 8, 2008 6:43 AM
cloud9 wrote:
Craigslist is a hunting ground for scammers. When it became evident that I couldn't sleep on a Talalay mattress I tried selling it on Craigslist. I had about 12 interested parties--all from scammers, who would happily send me a certified check (worthless) and then have their "movers" come and pick up my mattress--sight unseen--once I'd cashed that check. One even told he he'd give me an extra $50 if I withdrew my listing. Unbelievable! I don't recommend Craigslist for anything other than a good laugh.

I, like yourself, have had issues with Craigslist as well.Recently, while trying to sell a snowblower,I got to see first-hand exactly what you are talking about.Now,on the other hand,I have bought several items on Craigslist from people without incident.I guess you have to check out the buyer very well.

Jeff
Reply #6 Feb 8, 2008 7:45 AM
1. Best probably would be local "alternative" weekly paper if exists, or a campus newspaper.

2. "Nickel Want Ad" or "Bucksaver" type--free ad and people buy the paper.

3. Here. List price and more details.
Reply #7 Feb 8, 2008 9:04 PM
I have an unused, queen, split, extra firm (44 ILD), 100% Talalay blended latex layer from sleepez. If you are interested in purchasing please contact me privately.

Recent Posts