We Just Ordered a SleepEZ - First Post
Feb 25, 2010 9:21 PM
After finding and reading this forum for about 3 weeks, doing endless searches in the archives (btw,  the day after we purchased a Serta Opulence Plush king size) we ordered a king 13000 today from Shawn at SleepEZ .  We felt totally comfortable in our decision thanks to all the data I was able to glean from this forum.  I am so excited!

As a background, I am a 62 year old female, 5'9" and 175 lbs, my hubby is 62, 6'1" and 215 lbs.  We slept for 15 years on a Simmons Beautyrest.  I have had two lower back laminectomies and have a weak back that doesn't bother me too much in day to day life, but the mattress, with fox holes present now, has been giving my back fits for about 6 months. I wake up daily with a backache and while traveling, my back rarely hurts.

A month ago, I never dreamed I would even think about buying an "all foam" mattress, much less buying it in 8 pieces with a zip cover and on the internet!!   After reading the problems with a latex bed from a "S" company, we stopped delivery of our Serta and, I must say, they were  nice about the whole thing.  I was so worried Mattress Firm would not refund our money, but the young lady at the store said she  understood and credited us back every penny (This was 4 days after the sale, but before delivery)  She told us we could not find a 100% latex bed "out there" and we told her we could.  Initially, she had told us theirs was an all latex, but we found after reading the law label that it was 61% latex and 39% "other items".  The saleslady confirmed it had a poly foam sidewrap (for strength)  and a soybased foam base.

We then took two hours and went to a local latex mattress store, Sovn European Sleep Systems in Dallas.  We loved the feel of their all latex bed. It was 2" soft talalay and 6" medium talalay. But its cost for their 9" king bed was $5000+ with euro slats.  We knew we weren't going to purchase there, but I definitely wanted to lay on an all latex before I ordered one.  I'm so glad we did. 

Our king bed from SleepEZ cost $2095.  There is one item I want to mention about their exchange policy.  We were told we could exchange once and we only had to pay the return shipping.  If we wanted to exchange a 2nd or even 3rd time, we could and the only cost was shipping both ways, not the cost of the entire layer.  Shawn confirmed this with us on 2 different phone calls.  And of course, we have 90 days for a full refund.  Considering the lower price we are paying, I liked this and felt if we needed to swap out even 2 or 3 times, we would still be ahead of the game as far as cost.  And, since we are getting the 4 layer bed (soft, med, firm, x-firm combo) we will have all pieces to do any combination we want in determining what comfort level is best for each of us.  He even said if we decided we only wanted the 10", we could return 2 layers and the cover and he would send us another cover and refund the difference.  We are getting the 4 layers because we want a higher bed look.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell my story and let you know how much I've enjoyed these forums and the knowledge I gained.  Do you think all my decisions and conclusions work?  I will let you know how this works out after we receive our bed next week.  I would appreciate your input/comments.

Recent Posts