We are looking at McRoskey and Vi-Spring
Feb 23, 2015 1:39 PM
Both so expensive!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to pull the trigger on it.........but we are hoping to get one without memory foam, or gel. A regular mattress like you used to be able to buy. Any other suggestions? Any experience you can share? Thanks!
Re: We are looking at McRoskey and Vi-Spring
Reply #1 Feb 24, 2015 6:54 AM
It has been my experience that one does not need to buy an expensive mattress to get good sleep.

In your mind what are the pros and cons of the mattresses you are considering?

Reply #2 Feb 24, 2015 4:17 PM
Hi, KathyK -

As a person with a lifelong need to sleep long hours every night, I have come to appreciate the benefits that come with making an investment in my mattresses - and as such, I am happy to say I have both a McRoskey and a Vispring in my home. While it took me a long time to recognize the need to invest in mattresses instead of looking for the cheapest mattresses around and replace them regularly, I can tell you I also believe we do, indeed, get what we pay for when it comes to getting the best sleep we can.

So here are just a few of my thoughts about both my McRoskey and my Vispring beds:

My McRoskey bed:
1. It really is a GREAT mattress
2. I love the fact that they are built in San Francisco with Union Labor - so I am supporting quality work and workmanship.
3. My McRosky has real box springs - so it lasts longer and feels better.
4. It's made from natural materials, which is important to me.
5. It only took about 30 days for delivery

My Vispring King mattress:
1. It's a truly great mattress with a genuine lifetime warranty. I bought this baby to cover me forever!
2. The innerspring coils are wrapped in something called "calico". They tell me this results in less motion side to side than my McRoskey...and I can tell you there is, in truth, noticeably less side-to-side motion with my Vispring.
3. Depending on the model you are looking at, I can tell you that the addition of horsetail is a luxurious material. I have never, ever experienced anything like it in a mattress.
4. My Vispring is made of all natural materials - just like my McRoskey. And i love that.
5. I had my Vispring customized with all cotton. A very cool thing is that you can choose from silk, wool, all cotton or cotton / viscose blends for your mattress.
6. Box Springs can be made from a selection of over 70 fabrics - so that took a while to make my choice - and I couldn't be happier.

So I know that's a lot of information about mattresses - but I can honestly say that once I made the choice to make an investment in my sleep, I feel like a new man. You can't go wrong with either choice - though as you can see, I am in love with my Vispring even more than my McRoskey. I could not recommend it more highly.

Sleep well!
Reply #3 Feb 24, 2015 5:09 PM
Dear Bill,

Thank you for your comments! It was great getting to know you and your wife in the store in Santana Row. Even more exciting when we delivered your new Vispring Sublime. So glad to hear that you are still loving the mattress! Your leather headboard and divans are stunning.
Sweet Dreams!
Barrie

Recent Posts