waterproof mattress protector
Jun 26, 2012 4:44 AM
which one would be comfortable ona tempurpedic mattress? are all made up of plastics underneath? thankyou
Re: waterproof mattress protector
Reply #2 Jun 26, 2012 3:18 PM
I didn't own a Tempurpedic.. another brand and the company itself told me to take it off to let the bed breathe..  I have a nice quality cover on it and again mine isn't all cotton they said that would make the bed hot..I think it has poly in it.. I love the darn thing, however hated my memory foam bed and it is in another room now for guests..It did make a huge difference once I took it off..  I think those things are another dollar grabber ..unless you are eating and drinking in your bed.. I doubt I would worry about it.  I know they say it voids your warranty, but are they in your room 24/7..!!
Reply #3 Jun 26, 2012 7:05 PM

"I think those things are another dollar grabber ..unless you are eating and drinking in your bed.."

I felt the same way when I bought my new bed last year, but a friend convinced me otherwise. More than just eating and drinking can put a mark on a mattress. I was glad I had used the protector even though I didn't like it. I had to send my mattress back and the guy who came to inspect it had gloves and a light and I swear he went over the mattress inch by inch - did everything but a crime scene DNA test to try and deny me the free comfort exchange. 

Trust me, the company will go to great lengths to find something to void the warranty and not exchange the bed. The 35$ I paid for the protector at Walmart was well worth it, since it saved me hundreds if my exchange had been denied..

Reply #4 Jun 26, 2012 7:59 PM
Hi.. in response to the mattress cover..each mattress I bought I had to purchase the mattress cover at $99.. from the store to get my warranty..other wise it was void right then and there.   I have had 4 mattresses that have been defective and never once have I had a rep come into my home with a flashlight or other equipment and lights to check out my mattress.. if they had I am sure my husband would have thrown them out.. Our defects were clearly seen, and to be honest.. my mattresses were all stripped when then came into my home and not one of them ever asked to see my mattress cover..   I keep a very good thick mattress cover on the bed but it doesn't have any plastic and all of my mattresses were like the day I purchased them.  I guess one has to do what one needs to do for their own comfort.
Reply #5 Jun 26, 2012 8:01 PM
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Get one that is both waterproof and breathable.

Something like the one below. I have had it for 6 years. Works well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KING-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESS-PROTECTOR-SAVE-MONEY-/170847188993?pt=US_Mattress_Pads_and_Feather_Beds&hash=item27c7493801

This has no name on it? why/ can I get it from somewhere else? (sorry, I don't like ebay)

I need a queen size. 

Reply #6 Jun 26, 2012 8:47 PM
The same protector as linked above can be found at Overstock, in queen size, for much less money than on EBay. It also has many excellent reviews.

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Tuff-Guard-10-year-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/2940208/product.html

Glenbury, the store I bought my mattress did try to sell me a $100 protector, but couldn't force me to buy it. I had to let the guy come in and examine my mattress if I wanted to get a "comfort" exchange. No choice, since I had to get rid of the piece of crap pillowtop that started sagging after one month and felt like a bed of quicksand. I hated that store and everyone in it by the time I was done with my ordeal. They did nothing but lie and try to rip me off.

Reply #7 Jun 27, 2012 3:57 AM
DoreenA wrote:

The same protector as linked above can be found at Overstock, in queen size, for much less money than on EBay. It also has many excellent reviews.

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Tuff-Guard-10-year-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector/2940208/product.html

Glenbury, the store I bought my mattress did try to sell me a $100 protector, but couldn't force me to buy it. I had to let the guy come in and examine my mattress if I wanted to get a "comfort" exchange. No choice, since I had to get rid of the piece of crap pillowtop that started sagging after one month and felt like a bed of quicksand. I hated that store and everyone in it by the time I was done with my ordeal. They did nothing but lie and try to rip me off.

what pillowtop you had doreen?

Reply #8 Jun 27, 2012 10:34 AM
It was a Stearns & Foster, but the brand doesn't matter. They pretty much all start sagging rather quickly because of the cheap foam easily compressing and leaving you sleeping in a hole.
Reply #9 Jun 27, 2012 1:16 PM
I have been using the Hanna Kay mattress protector on my Tempurpedic for a couple of months and I am very happy with it .

It washes well and although water proof it does not change the feel of my mattress at all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BFKNUE

Reply #10 Jun 27, 2012 9:37 PM
DoreenA wrote:

It was a Stearns & Foster, but the brand doesn't matter. They pretty much all start sagging rather quickly because of the cheap foam easily compressing and leaving you sleeping in a hole.

hmm will allura a pillowtop tempurpedic also sag just lke your stearn and foster did? 

Recent Posts