Trouble getting comfortable with Latex, 1 year in
May 11, 2010 5:50 PM
I purchased a Talalay blended mattress from SleeptEZ about one year ago, and I've never really been able to get comfortable on it. When I first lay down, I love the way it feels, soft yet supportive, and very springy, yet after a short while pressure points start to build, mostly in my lower back, and I end up tossing throughout the night trying to get comfortable.

Since I have a 3 layer Soft-Medium-Firm split, I've tried swapping layers in every conceivable configuration, but I've still just never been able to avoid waking up with lower back pain in the morning. Since I've had a lot of time to try different things and think about what the problem is, I'm starting to think that the pusback/springyness of the latex is just too strong for me, even though the top layer of foam is soft. When I lay down on my couch with its cheap PU foam I feel more comfort than I do on the latex mattress. Maybe this means latex just isn't for me?

I'm curious what others think about the pushback effect of latex. Is this real, and can it be too much for some people? Is there anything I can try?

Thanks,
Jonathan

This message was modified May 11, 2010 by slantedview

Recent Posts