Tempurpedics -sky high prices and fancy words
Sep 13, 2011 4:23 PM
I read the forums.

what is inside the tempurpedics? It says space age foam? what is that? Why does temperpedic does not list what is inside their mattress? whya re they so expensive?

I wish I could fork out 8000 dollars for high end tempurpedic. But I don't have that money.

why do tempurpedic have endless phone numbers? I get a pamphlet every month.

Burn money on advertisements and endless phone numbers and then have so high prices and take that money from buyers? I mean buyers are supporting their advertising budget by paying so high prices.

Have they got any commonsense? That if they do not advertised so much they could reduce the prices and more people can afford to buy their "SPACE FOAM"! whatever that means.

End

Re: Tempurpedics -sky high prices and fancy words
Reply #12 Sep 16, 2011 4:34 PM
I suspect OP as a  troll.   I'm outta this one.
This message was modified Sep 16, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #13 Sep 16, 2011 5:51 PM
DeeAgeaux

May I ask which brand and/or model you loved for 20 years? And now for 4+?  :)

Reply #14 Sep 16, 2011 10:14 PM
I don't have a Tempurpedic and I'm not planning to get one, so I have no bias. But just wondering:

" I have owned 3 tempurpedics high and low ends and they felt good in begining and then they melted underneath me and I was sinking and sinking."

If the first one ended up melting and you were sinking, why did you buy a second one which did the same, and then buy a third one?

I am a little curious since my brother is thinking of getting this bed.

Reply #15 Sep 16, 2011 10:52 PM
DoreenA wrote:

I don't have a Tempurpedic and I'm not planning to get one, so I have no bias. But just wondering:

" I have owned 3 tempurpedics high and low ends and they felt good in begining and then they melted underneath me and I was sinking and sinking."

If the first one ended up melting and you were sinking, why did you buy a second one which did the same, and then buy a third one?

Good luck getting a straight answer out of the OP.   He sounds kinda mental actually.  Sort of creepy.

Reply #16 Sep 16, 2011 10:56 PM
DoreenA wrote:

I can give you some rational feedback on my Tempurpedic Cloud and Comfort pillow -  I've had the pillow for 10 days now and the mattress for 6 days.  There is a slight odor coming from both of them.  Yesterday I put the pillow in the other room, shut window and door to my room, came back a while later and the mattress was giving off a slight odor.  Pillow does the same.  I hope they both go away soon.  It doesn't bother me as in I don't have any reaction to it.  I would say that is the only negative with all of it so far.  Fingers crossed :)

Reply #17 Sep 16, 2011 11:48 PM
On the topic of Tempurpedic pillows, I bought the Suprima pillow last year from Brookstone. LOVE IT. In the process of trying mattresses the past few months, I also really liked the Cloud pillows in the store, but I haven't purchased one since really like have no problems with the Suprima and supposedly Mattress Firm is sending us two free Sealy Embody memory foam pillows also. Was a mail in deal when we bought the mattress so we'll see if/when they actually ever show up. But, with all those pillows, I figured I'd save my money and not buy the Cloud pillow too, but I certainly considered it- it was nice :)

Anywho- my Suprima has been great and is still great!

http://www.tempurpedic.com/Contoured-Pillows/Tempur-Pedic-SuprimaPillow.asp

Reply #18 Sep 19, 2011 12:16 PM
slpngoc wrote:

Good luck getting a straight answer out of the OP.   He sounds kinda mental actually.  Sort of creepy.

You get personal with op and call her/him names and want straight answers from her/him! You got some problems dude.

You want us to believe that the 8 inch cloud with 2.8 inch tempur foam is a great mattress. Even the store sales people do not agree with you!

I have had 2 tempurpedics and it went just like like the op said.

This message was modified Sep 19, 2011 by roy1
Reply #19 Sep 19, 2011 1:29 PM
roy1 wrote:

You get personal with op and call her/him names and want straight answers from her/him! You got some problems dude.

You want us to believe that the 8 inch cloud with 2.8 inch tempur foam is a great mattress. Even the store sales people do not agree with you!

I have had 2 tempurpedics and it went just like like the op said.

Ok, so he doesn't sound mental, but all over the place in terms of comments.

Also, I don't expect you or anyone else to believe anything, I'm merely sharing my personal experience.  I think there are a few others bent on taunting that this TP is going to end up being a POS.

This message was modified Sep 19, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #20 Sep 19, 2011 1:33 PM
montana wrote:

wait sometime all that support you fantasize will disapear soon underneath you! Just like Gaddafi's in libya haha. only joking.

I have owned 3 tempurpedics high and low ends and they felt good in begining and then they melted underneath me and I was sinking and sinking. Before I knew, I was down and out waking with intolerable pains.

You are on honeymoon now with your tempurpedics and singing praises of it like a new bride. wait more and her real nature will show up soon buddy.  Honeymoon period with tempurpedics does not last long as I found out.  good luck.  lol.

1st post -

"I wish I could fork out 8000 dollars for high end tempurpedic. But I don't have that money."

So, OP, which TP models did you own?

This message was modified Sep 26, 2011 by slpngoc

Recent Posts