Tempurpedic warranty - is it a bad joke?
Mar 22, 2012 3:51 AM
here is a review someone posted online:

"My wife and I purchased split king Tempur-Pedic Rhapsody complete with individual adjustable bases and was happy with our purchase for about 3 years. After that things have gone down hill quickly.

Do not depend on Tempur's warranty it does not cover the problems we have with the mattresses.

We purchased the Rhapsody because we like a firm bed. Starting about the third year the bed just started getting soft and continues to get softer each passing day.

It has gotten so bad that sitting on the bed you sink over 6 inches of the 11 inch thickness. It did not do that when it was new.

The problem is it returns back to it's normal shape like it was never slept/sat on. That is why the warranty is worthless. Tempur only covers it if it does not return to within 3/4 of the inch to its original shape.

Bottom line is the bed has little support. You just sink into it and not evenly creating joint problems over time.

Each of us not realizing started sleeping in different not normal positions trying to get a good night sleep. Over time this has cause joint pains in both of us.

Now that we have figure that the bed is causing both of us pains and while we are searching for a replacement. We decided to turn the mattress over and sleep on the hard foam side not the memory foam. Our sleep and pains greatly improved but the mattress is a little unstable with the memory foam down.

Bottom line, If you like a firm bed do not purchase a Tempur-Pedic. They say it is a 20+ year mattress we did not get 4 years before we needed to replace it.

We spent over $4,000.00 for the Rhapsody split king and did not get 4 years out of it. We are now waiting on delivery of a $1,000.00 Beautyrest split King. I have a feeling we will get much more than 4 years out of it. We are staying away from memory foam.

Our track record has been we got 18 years out of our Sterns and Foster queen, Replaced with Symbol 12 years a go and still have it in our guessed bed room (guest love it). Decided to upgrade to a King less than 4 years ago getting the Rhapsody and is now considered garbage."

----------------------------------------------

This message was modified Mar 23, 2012 by markfromdallas

Recent Posts