Tempurpedic too warm? Also, a mattress protector question
Jul 11, 2011 1:23 PM
We've had our tempurpedic classic now for almost 3 months.  I've noticed that when I wake up the area underneath my back and buttocks is somewhat warm.  Not burning hot, but just warm.  I was wondering if there is any solution to this.

I'm thinking of ordering this mattress protector Protect-a-Bed Premium (to protect the mattress):

http://www.mattressfirm.com/Mattress-Protector-P7.aspx

I was wondering how it will affect the feel and warmth of my tempurpedic.  Will it make it warmer or less warm?

Thanks!

Re: Tempurpedic too warm? Also, a mattress protector question
Reply #11 Aug 20, 2011 7:00 PM
Sleep and rest!
If that mattress protector is made with materials such as carbon fibers that afford a high level of thermal conductivity, it would absorb more heat and allow less heat to enter the memory foam.

Heat transfer across materials of high thermal conductivity occurs at a faster rate than across materials of low thermal conductivity. Foam is a material that is not very thermally conductive 0.03W/(m·K). or less so it  or will not pull heat away from the body efficiently, as well as dissipate heat even less.

Unfortunately not many mattress protectors offer performance fabrics.

You can try.

What i would do is add 1" of 19 IFD latex between your body and the memory foam.

Recent Posts