Tempurpedic pricing?
Jun 22, 2011 6:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I've learned a lot from reading through the forums. I decided to go with a tempurpedic, I had one, the original bought from Brookstone long ago and really liked it. Switch to a inner spring when I got married. It's time for a new mattress for us and we decided to go for a tempurpedic. So I made the rounds at all the big mattress stores, Sleepys, Sleep Train, Mattress Discounters, etc, etc. For the most part, the big stores are asking MSRP and that's it. I know about the MAP pricing on these things so they're suppose to sell it for retail price. I walked into a smaller store and they are a legit store since they are listed on the tempurpedic website. But they are heavily discounting the mattress. For example, if I wanted the Cloud Luxe they are willing to take off $1500 without much negotiation. I will definitely go with this store not just for the price but also because the saleman was not sleazy at all unlike Sleep Train especially. So my question is, am I getting a used mattress or something. I tried pretty hard at the other stores and they wouldn't budge on price but this store is discounting. I know they can charge what they want to get a customer but has anybody had experience with tempurpedic pricing in general. Of course I will not reveal the store I went to that discounts here since I wouldn't want them to get in trouble if it's against policy but I was just surprised because other retailers would not deal, no matter what.

Thanks

Recent Posts