Tempur-Pedic didn't work for my wife, need help on other options!
Jul 12, 2010 4:40 PM
We recently replaced our aging lumpy 10 year old standard king-size mattress with a Tempur-Pedic (Classic Bed model) that is amazing for me, but utterly wrong for my wife (a side sleeper with mild Scoliosis).  

Although we have a fabulous Simon Celebration twin from 1998 occasionally used as a guest bed, the twin is too small for both of us to comfortably sleep – and it would only be an interim fix while we find the right-king sized bed.  And since we’re unable to decode the Simon tag and determine a matching, firm modern-day equivalent king-size version, we’re still stuck trying to solve my wife’s newfound Tempur-Pedic induced backaches.

We’re unsure how to find something similar to the Simon Celebration – and, once found, whether we should get a king version for both of us (which would work), or if we can split the bed into two twins – one for her side, one for mine – and whether that would work as long as we matched the 9” height of the Tempur-Pedic.

Any advice on a good firm bed (like our Simon) having two halves (a spring and a Tempur-Pedic) or any other good mattress recommendation?

This message was modified Jul 12, 2010 by dugn

Recent Posts