Suggestions on SleepEZ Latex Setup
Aug 12, 2011 11:44 AM
Hi, I purchased a Sleep EZ 10,000 (which has 3 layers of 3" latex).  I'm still trying to find the right setup.  Shawn at SleepEZ has been helpful, but I also want to get input from folks on this forum with latex experience.

I'm a back sleeper.  #1 requirement is firm support, otherwise I get lower back pain.  #2 is cushion on top for pressure relieve. 

Below are the setups I have tried, from best to worse.  

1. Top=Firm Talalay Blend, Middle=Firm Dunlop, Bottom=Firm Dunlop.  Firm is 38-40ILD. Support: Almost there, but my entire body is at a small angle, with my buttocks at the bottom; so I wake up with tightness in lower back.  Pressure relieve: Good.

2. Top=Firm Dunlop, Middle=Firm Dunlop, Bottom=Firm Dunlop.   Support: Excellent.  Pressure relieve: Poor, I wake up with sort shoulders and neck.

3. Top=Medium Talalay Blend, Middle=Firm Dunlop, Bottom=Firm Dunlop.  Support: Doesn't work.  Too soft.

4. I have tried other setups using the existing layers where the firm is at the top and medium is at the middle or bottom.  Those do not work as I want a firm base and softer top.

Any suggestions on what I can do to improve on this setup?  My thoughts are to change #1 to Top=Firm Talalay Blend, Middle/Bottom=Extra Firm Dunlop (start 1 layer swap-out ).  I appreciate your suggestions and advice.  

Recent Posts